Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5 S PR AWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps this is in the manual and I've missed it, but is there a way to view the Fuel Efficiency History while the infotainment is connected to Android Auto? I know there is a car setting to show the fuel efficiency when the ignition is turned off. I like that - great feature.

I was listening to an audio book from my phone through Android Auto and I tried to get to the menu where I can see the Fuel Efficiency. I didn't play around too much as I was driving. If there is a way to do that, that would be the best of both worlds - IMO.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5 S PR AWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hold "Home" button which will switch to mazda menu. Hold again to go back to android auto.
Thanks. I found it in the manual when I looked closer as well.

Brushed off the car from 6 inches of snow today and took it out for a 30 minute drive. Started listening to an audio book with Audible through Android Auto. Held down the home button for 2 seconds and the infotainment system switched to the Mazda native menu. Was very pleased that the audio book continued to play. Selected the Fuel Efficiency monitor to view that, then held down the home button again and the Android Auto menu came back. It was still on the Audible app tracking the book I was listening to. I could freely switch between the 2 menus and it would remember where it was for each side.

It's not often I am impressed with computers these days, but they knocked the UI out of the park this time!

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Sport Tech, Soul Crystal Red, 2020 reg
87 Posts
Thanks. I found it in the manual when I looked closer as well.

Brushed off the car from 6 inches of snow today and took it out for a 30 minute drive. Started listening to an audio book with Audible through Android Auto. Held down the home button for 2 seconds and the infotainment system switched to the Mazda native menu. Was very pleased that the audio book continued to play. Selected the Fuel Efficiency monitor to view that, then held down the home button again and the Android Auto menu came back. It was still on the Audible app tracking the book I was listening to. I could freely switch between the 2 menus and it would remember where it was for each side.

It's not often I am impressed with computers these days, but they knocked the UI out of the park this time!
I’ve had my Android Auto drop out on me a few times while I’ve been using Waze.
Holding down the Auto button allows you to use the built-in navigation instead, as a backup.
Think I need a new docking cradle though, always seems to disconnect whenever I’m a bit sharp off the lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts