Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow CX-30 owners,

First off, I just want to say that I do love my CX-30. I bought the AWD Premium in Soul Red and White Interiors. The car is my daily driver. I am a healthcare worker who travels with equipment for work. It drives well, and it is practical :)

However, my experience with repairs for one of the two recalls has been a nightmare. Long story, so here is a quick summary.
__
KEY POINTS
-Took my CX-30 for routine maintenance
-Did not expect the recalls to be repaired
-Service accessed back interior to fix fuel tank
-Personal items damaged, and white interior now soiled
-Customer services also have not been helpful
__

FULL STORY: At around 4,000 miles, I received a service call from a Mazda dealer, and a service light came on the dashboard.

I naturally took my new CX-30 for some routine maintenance. I was expecting the typical oil change and other easy routine maintenance and checks.

When I went to pick-up my car after service, they told me that they fixed two recalls. At the time, I was happy that they were fixed.

However, the first sign of something unexpected came when I opened the door and found a personal item with tire marks. I bought two seat covers to protect my white interior just for service members actually. They were brand new. I thought service will only access the car interior on the driver's seat, so I only installed one of the two-seat covers. I placed the other in the back of my car. The spare seat cover was run over by a service member, who later confirmed.

Of course, I did not like seeing this. But at this point, I was still okay. The seat cover is not very expensive. It was not worth bringing up, and I decided to head home.

However, I was immediately greeted with a check engine light as I started my CX-30 and pulled out of the dealership. So I had to drive around and take my car back to the dealership immediately.

At this point, I started to take more notice of things. Now, two strange things have occurred...

After they corrected the check engine light from service, I decided to take a closer look around the car. My seats were typically laid flat. So I did not see the backseat condition until now.

This was when I found my WHITE interior back completely stained with grease and dirt all over. There were smudges and smears and even bulk debris.

Let's just say it looks better in photos than in person. Photos do not fully capture the generalized spread of grime.

To put it into perspective, because I travel with bulk equipment, I always have the backseat folded. They have never been used to store items or seat people.

The WHITE interior should be brand new.

Apparently, in order to fix the Fuel Tank, the service members needed to removed the back seats to gain access.

At this time in the long story, I was quite unhappy. I had a brand new car. I took great care of it. I wrapped the whole front car with Xpel due to the history of the known paint chipping. I was very careful with the interior knowing how white stains so easily.

And now, I am left with what appears to be a more used car.

To make matters worse, I carried some expensive, delicate items in the back of my car. They are medical-industrial items. I took out probably 95% of my items before getting my car service just to lessen the weight. Keep in mind, I did not expect them to do maintenance from the interior. But I did most items out due to weight. So I had a few delicate items on the back floor in the car, so they do not get exposed and kicked around in my garage.

I do not know if those items were damaged at this time as we speak. But I know they did have to step close and around the items to be able to remove the back seating.

From the story thus far, I think most people at this point would at least assume there was a chance of damage, given the lack of care.

I wanted to speak with a service manager. But one was not available on Saturdays. I had to wait until the following Monday to receive a call.

Instead, a nice sales manager told me he would help set-up a free detailing.

The service manager did call on Monday. He did the typical apology and offered to reimburse the cost of service. But he actually did not prompt any other reimbursement.

I was the one who had to prompt the detailing and fix for my stained interior.

In a few days, I did drop off my car for detailing. I knew it was a long shot due to the difficulty of removing oily stains from a white interior.

I gave them a chance to correct things.

Of course, in the end, only the bulk debris was able to be removed. The generalized stains and smears could be made less visible. But they are still present.

The interior is like generalized badge color instead of white.

There's more to the story. Like customer service not helping in the matter, which I can share later.

But what do you guys think about this? And what do you think could be done to fix this? Is more detailing from another third-party worth it? Is a new seat warranted?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
134 Posts
Wow, that’s an awful experience.

The Mazda CX-30 does not need to be serviced until 8000km, and the service 1 doesn’t include an oil change. The oil change is set for service 2 at 16,000km. Why did they make you do a service of any kind??

As far as the soiling of your seats and running over your covers I wouldn’t be happy until they are completely detailed properly. Tell them you’ll take it where you want and they can foot the bill or you’ll escalate the complaint.

I’d also find another dealership in your area. I’d be leery on going back to them again with such shitty service.

All the best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your thoughts t.mazda! Much appreciated :)

I thought it was early too for service. I initially ignored the calls for service. But once the service light went on the dash, I decided to make an appointment.

I guess trying to take care of my car the best I can was the main motive to take it to service.

Even the service person at the front desk paused initially and asked if I had 5K miles yet when they picked up my car for service.

____

They are trying to convince me to try to detail my car a second time at their in-house department. And like you, I am leery of a second attempt due to where things were going, not well.

I also asked for another independent shop to detail my car for me. And they declined, even after escalation through the corporate office with multiple calls. A district/regional manager of MazdaUSA, who apparently does not speak with customers directly, decided unequivocally to drop off the car at the same dealer for detailing a second time, as the only option :/

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
146 Posts
You gave them an opportunity to make you whole, they failed. Take it where you want to have it detailed and take the receipt to the dealer. If the dealer fails to make good, take it to small claims court.

·
Registered
38 Posts
A nightmare is somewhat over the top..is it good enough from Dealer, no, But what they told you is the truth. Rear seats cushions must be removed to check fuel tank recall, and the front brakes nothing is removed unless a rare caliper bolt is missing by falling off, however I am trying to understand why you had a CEL..anyway, perhaps the Service Advisor should have said they need access to rear seats and floor as your was full of possessions.
Gets some spray and wipe surface cleaner and wipe over, should work fine, white is a horrible colour (looks great) to keep clean.
Please there is no conspiracy theory, the mechanic should have had cleaner hands and not put covers on floor to be driven over them by someone, he owned up to it.
Agree with others above.
Good Luck

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
325 Posts
Wow, that’s an awful experience.

The Mazda CX-30 does not need to be serviced until 8000km, and the service 1 doesn’t include an oil change. The oil change is set for service 2 at 16,000km. Why did they make you do a service of any kind??

As far as the soiling of your seats and running over your covers I wouldn’t be happy until they are completely detailed properly. Tell them you’ll take it where you want and they can foot the bill or you’ll escalate the complaint.

I’d also find another dealership in your area. I’d be leery on going back to them again with such shitty service.

All the best.
See i do not know why others on this forum are getting oil changes so early thinking that 16,000 km or 10,000 mi is to long .. vehicles now days are made much better maintance wise and with technology being allot better with synthetic oil they can go allot longer then before between oil changes and not damage anything. The computer in our cx-30s has a really good oil life monitering system and goes by driving habits etc to calculate engine oil life so getting one before then is a waste of oil and your $$ I brought mine into my dealer for its first service and they stright up told me it dosent need an oil change as the oil is still really good and that was at 8,000 km.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You gave them an opportunity to make you whole, they failed. Take it where you want to have it detailed and take the receipt to the dealer. If the dealer fails to make good, take it to small claims court.
Thank you for the advice! Good idea to just take to my preferred detailer and see if they will re-imburse. If not, small claims court is good option

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A nightmare is somewhat over the top..is it good enough from Dealer, no, But what they told you is the truth. Rear seats cushions must be removed to check fuel tank recall, and the front brakes nothing is removed unless a rare caliper bolt is missing by falling off, however I am trying to understand why you had a CEL..anyway, perhaps the Service Advisor should have said they need access to rear seats and floor as your was full of possessions.
Gets some spray and wipe surface cleaner and wipe over, should work fine, white is a horrible colour (looks great) to keep clean.
Please there is no conspiracy theory, the mechanic should have had cleaner hands and not put covers on floor to be driven over them by someone, he owned up to it.
Agree with others above.
Good Luck
As far as Xpel, Mazda paint has been known to chip easily, especially Soul Red. I did find specs of chipping from specs of gravel on the front bumper only 4 weeks into my purchase. I wrapped it right away after that.

As far as the recall, I wished the Service Advisor let me know that they were fixing the recalls and that they needed to access the interior. I could have easily removed the items for them.

Staining on itself is understandable, somewhat...assuming they clean in after. But besides the fact, it was the whole series of things going wrong that made it such a bad experience, one thing after the other.

I'm probably going to take it to an independent detailer as suggested above. But I am not sure it can be removed that easily.

Anyways, thank you for your thoughts!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts