Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30, 2020, GT Sport Tech, Red
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, wonder if anyone can help me here. With headlights on the Auto setting, my CX-30 has switched onto full beam (blue indicator light) several times during night driving. This has occurred when on a main road and facing oncoming traffic so is quite dangerous. I've tried moving the headlight 'stalk' lever to high beam or low beam but this doesn't solve the problem. Wondered if this a headlight sensitivity issue from the in-car Exterior light menu, or maybe something to do with the Adaptive LED headlight setting on the same menu.
Thanks for any advive. Paul

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is a button on the end of the "light" stalk that switches off the auto high beam. The adaptive headlight system detects oncoming vehicles and switches off the individual LEDs that would dazzle oncoming vehicles but still give full illumination of the nearside. In the case of catching up a car in front LEDs are turned off to create a dark "box" around the vehicle in front - testing this function will either reassure you that your car is operating correctly or identify a fault. You should also notice that LEDs switch off instantly but turn back on slowly in case a second undetected vehicle suddenly "appears"- I have found this to be an issue on rural roads when having "dipped" for an oncoming vehicle the full beam isn't restored and a bend is encountered and manual switch to high beam is then needed.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
543 Posts
I just recently had the opportunity to check out this feature (never had it before) and it works fantastic and extremely fast. As well as the button at the end of the light stalk there is also an enable/disable setting in your display.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto
42 Posts
Yes, I also get the main beam blue light showing, but no one has flashed me to indicate my car is blinding them. As PeterK says these adaptive lights are very clever, I noticed tonight that the left hand beam (Nearside UK Model) was full on, lighting up the roadside very brightly, but the right (offside) lamp was lighting very low down not dazzling oncoming traffic.
As soon as the oncoming vehicles passed both lights where fully on, but the Blue main beam lamp was lit continually. The car obviously detects oncoming conditions and switches down certain LED's

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30, 2020, GT Sport Tech, Red
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for the tips. The button at the end of the light stalk seems to be key then. My exterior light menu looks a little different to the one mentioned by Conwelpic but I guess it's model dependent, or may vary in different regions around the world.
IMG_20201218_090256.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts