Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polymetal Gray Turbo / 2020 Sonic Silver Preferred
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone was curious to know how well the CX-30 does in a collision, it did pretty well. Other car was distracted and ran a red light while I was entering an intersection going 30+mph, I T-boned their passenger side. No serious injuries thankfully. I am satisfied with the safety of the car.

Thankfully I wasn't the one who was T-boned, or I would've been in worse shape. I am upset about the car as it was purchased in October and had barely 5k miles on it. Still talking to insurance, but thinking about getting a Turbo Premium. Might get a different car but none of the competition is as good.

Can post the dash cam footage when this is settled, if people want to see it.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo
306 Posts
In trying to get a full-value replacement for your totaled car, it GREATLY helps if there are also "Medical Issues", i.e. soft-tissue injuries that don't show in medical imaging, but are expected sequelae to an accident. Suddenly you have leverage for a whole lot more expense to the responsible insurance company than your car's damage alone, and they then are much more amenable to a full-valuation payout for the car, in an effort to keep you happy and not as willing to grind them for possible high-dollar, more open-ended personal injury issues. In ANY accident, ALWAYS initially claim some soreness/injury/etc. so that you can force the other party at fault to deal with you fairly. That's just the way it is, stacked against you and for the insurance companies, who my old company used to work FOR, investigating low and moderate-speed collisions for injury potential. You can later consider the injury as resolved, especially once you have been satisfied with the property damage settlement portion...

Even if you DIDN"T claim injury at the time, it CAN show up a bit later, so I'd get that on the record ASAP...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In trying to get a full-value replacement for your totaled car, it GREATLY helps if there are also "Medical Issues", i.e. soft-tissue injuries that don't show in medical imaging, but are expected sequelae to an accident. Suddenly you have leverage for a whole lot more expense to the responsible insurance company than your car's damage alone, and they then are much more amenable to a full-valuation payout for the car, in an effort to keep you happy and not as willing to grind them for possible high-dollar, more open-ended personal injury issues. In ANY accident, ALWAYS initially claim some soreness/injury/etc. so that you can force the other party at fault to deal with you fairly. That's just the way it is, stacked against you and for the insurance companies, who my old company used to work FOR, investigating low and moderate-speed collisions for injury potential. You can later consider the injury as resolved, especially once you have been satisfied with the property damage settlement portion...

Even if you DIDN"T claim injury at the time, it CAN show up a bit later, so I'd get that on the record ASAP...
Thanks everyone,

yeah they offered me some money for pain and suffering but I won’t be signing anything until I know the extent of my injuries. I have pretty moderate neck and back pain, it comes and goes. Went to the Chiropractor today to start treatment twice a week. Saw some comparable cars on Carmax, and with how hard it is to get a car right now, they better give me more than that

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Horrible thing to have happened, but it's clear your CX-30 did its job and saved you from as much injury as it could.

We all hope you aren't suffering too much after the incident and that the whole thing gets sorted for you as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
114 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident. Hope you are ok.

I almost got t boned a few months back by a clown running a red light. Few seconds earlier and I would have been in hospital I'm sure. I'm a bit more cautious these days when I'm the first car off on a green light at intersections.

People can't be trusted not to hurt each other with toy cars, let alone real cars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dash Camera Footage
Here’s the dash camera footage for everyone interested! I cut it short, but I was exiting the highway so going approx 30-35mph. The other person was distracted.

also, loving my new Turbo, thanks to car prices right now I got more money for my old car than I paid for it. Still haven’t signed my pain and suffering settlement and won’t for a while until I’m 100% better.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo
306 Posts
Dash Camera Footage
Here’s the dash camera footage for everyone interested! I cut it short, but I was exiting the highway so going approx 30-35mph. The other person was distracted.

also, loving my new Turbo, thanks to car prices right now I got more money for my old car than I paid for it. Still haven’t signed my pain and suffering settlement and won’t for a while until I’m 100% better. View attachment 2675

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.