Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a click from your gas pedal when pushed to the floor. If so has anyone had it addressed at the dealership? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
72 Posts
Mazda's accelerator kickdown switch.

"Should you want to unleash the full power and performance capabilities of your vehicle, however, you can easily do so. The Accelerator Pedal Kickdown Switch can be activated by simply continuing to apply pressure to the pedal. As you feel the pedal become resistant, continue to push a little bit harder until you feel a click. This activates full acceleration rather than maximizing fuel efficiency."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes. I have a two month old cx30 automatic UK spec and just recently started to hear this click Depending on how you look at it, unfortunately it not constant and is intermittent I have to say that the car I test drove prior to purchase sounded like it did have signs of it too
I will be keeping a eye on it and on this forum to determine my next move .

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes. I have a two month old cx30 automatic UK spec and just recently started to hear this click Depending on how you look at it, unfortunately it not constant and is intermittent I have to say that the car I test drove prior to purchase sounded like it did have signs of it too
I will be keeping a eye on it and on this forum to determine my next move .
I have heard the clicking when car was stationary. I was updating software and had foot actually on the brake. It did it a good few times within a minute. I thought I had broken it! Not heard it since.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mazda has had the kickdown switch for years. Most drivers don’t push the peddle to the floor so most don’t find it.

In some other brands it does a few more tricks like down shifting when it is hit but not Mazda.

Perfectly normal and should always happen in the last 1/4 inch or so.

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
82 Posts
Mine clicks like this, but it is a manual gearbox. What is the point of that?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine clicks like this, but it is a manual gearbox. What is the point of that?
There is no actual point beyond a gimmick. It gives the driver the feeling that they found more power then they thought existed before when it stopped before the extra tension.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts