Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Grey Mica
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that if after starting the car if I am outside it within the fire minute or two after it starts ther is a strong gas smell not sure if this is normal but does make me a bit nervous as it smells like quite a bit of I burned fuel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What year is your CX? There was a recall on 2020s for a fuel leak for the AWD models.

the 2020 Mazda CX-30 equipped with all-wheel drive has a potential fuel leak that could increase the risk of fire. The evaporative vent hose can be disconnected, and when drivers fill the tank, gas can fill the charcoal canister and cause a leak. A malfunction light in the instrument cluster may notify the driver of the issue.
The issue only affects all-wheel-drive models, and includes 12,097 vehicles. Dealers will inspect and repair the fuel hose free of charge as soon as August 11. The recall number is 4520F.
Mazda Recall Information Center

·
Registered
7 Posts
I notice with mine awd preferred 2020, but to be honest just bring it to the dealership and ask if theres any recalls. If they say you're good i wouldnt worry about it, doesnt seem to waste much gas when idling

1 - 4 of 4 Posts