Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
97 Posts
on previous cars - and on this car even though i had dealer ceramic done, ive removed it and added zaino...
im just OCD with car washing and detailing, i'm no pro but a weekend warrior :p

my regular /weekly wash method is-
snow foam
rinse
2 bucket wash
rinse
blow dry
top up with a spritz
every 4 weeks add 1oz of zaino z6/z8
pre winter i add a zaino z2/z5 polish in the mix just to add a bit more protection..
How long does that take you to complete?

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
238 Posts
Prepandemic, I drove 25,000 miles a year. During pandemic I am on track for 2,000 a year. I suspect the sun is doing a job on my Mazda sitting outside all day instead of the company garage. I looked at my laminated work ID badge which was inside the glove box and it was yellow from the heat.

So now I have bad exposure to the sun in the summer and road salts in the winter.
Get a car cover if it sits outside. Dealer here was nice as he gave a car cover at no cost.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
453 Posts
A weekly wash can be done in 45-60mins..if I'm pushed for time... if I have time I take longer an enjoy the moment I'm in contact with the car 🤣🤣 as the Mrs drives it 99% of the time 🥴

·
Registered
55 Posts
Get a car cover if it sits outside. Dealer here was nice as he gave a car cover at no cost.
I am not a fan of outdoor car covers. My concern is the possibility that any dirt on the car would scratch the paint under the cover.

I do get to drive it a couple of times a week for a few miles. If I cleaned it to cover it, I would be tempted to take another car from the family fleet.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 SkyactivX GT Plus FWD AT - Polymetal Grey
41 Posts
hydrophobic test is really the best way.. water should just fall right off and be pretty much dry after blasting it with a hose with some water drops left.. here is how mine is and this is exactly how it should be.. New video by Linux Kernel 4.19 as you can see in my vid the water just falls right off and is pretty much dry.
I hosed it and yes, it's beading. So there's definitely something there.
Now it's raining and I can compare to my wife's car, which I only wash with Optimum No Rinse using the two buckets method and then use a paint sealant. Every 2-3 months I also use a shampoo that coats the paint before using the sealant. From what I can tell beading is better on the Mazda, but not that spectacular.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I hosed it and yes, it's beading. So there's definitely something there.
Now it's raining and I can compare to my wife's car, which I only wash with Optimum No Rinse using the two buckets method and then use a paint sealant. Every 2-3 months I also use a shampoo that coates the paint before using the sealant. From what I can tell beading is better on the Mazda, but not that spectacular.
It should do what mine dose in the video of me blasting mine with the hose...

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yes, it does.
It should stay like that then for 2+ years with just maintenance washes with correct washing technique if ho say after couple months or weeks it's not hydrophobic like that then it isn't a ceramic coating.. that's how you can tell as a waxes don't repel water the same way a ceramic coating does like in my video and won't last very long like a ceramic coating.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts