Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium FWD in Machine Gray Metallic
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been around for a week or so and poked my nose in a few conversations but I thought I'd make a more formal introduction. I'm glad to have found a place populated by so many with such good taste.

My first car was a Model A. I was 15; it was 35. Things have improved in the driving department.

My most recent car was a 2001 Mazda Tribute that I bought new and loved driving for 19 years. I'm a retired architect and longtime painter and one of the Tribute's unique attributes was its ability to hold a 4' x 5' canvas; many, in fact. I could carry a good sized show in one trip. It didn't take long in my new car search to realize I wouldn't be able to replace it. Had the CX-5 held a 4 x 5, I would have been torn, but the CX-30 grabbed me both visually and physically and I look forward to a long relationship with it. Don't think I'll make another 19 years but I'm going to enjoy it as long as I can. COVID willing.

Stay safe, y'all.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Mazderati! How is it carrying all your paint supplies with the CX-30?

Also, how long did you have your Model A? That's quite the first car to have!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't really used it to transport art yet as all the venues are closed. But it will hold the next smaller size, 3' x 4' so I'm sure it will hold enough for most shows and I'm already planning on a triptych of the 3x4's. So far, I've mostly hauled plants in it as its yardening season here.

The Model A, complete with rumble seat, I had junior and senior years of HS. It was hardly the chick magnet some of my friends drove but it had personality and I was just happy to have my own set of wheels. Besides, no one had ever heard of a chick magnet in 1964. And did it have ground clearance!

Thanks for asking. I'm looking forward to driving the CX-30 enough to really bond with it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm assuming you're referring to the Marcus King Band. Knew the name but just listened to a video and they were jamming! Not sure I would have identified them as a southern rock band, it's musically quite complex. I'm mostly a jazz fan and there is the Greenville Jazz Collective here that has a five-piece iteration and a heptadectet (18) version that, pre covid, performed monthly. Cool city, I hope it can find a way to keep its vibe.

And one of the coolest things is the easy access to some back roads. I'm looking forward to some colorful drives in the Mazderati this fall.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
148 Posts
I'm assuming you're referring to the Marcus King Band. Knew the name but just listened to a video and they were jamming! Not sure I would have identified them as a southern rock band, it's musically quite complex. I'm mostly a jazz fan and there is the Greenville Jazz Collective here that has a five-piece iteration and a heptadectet (18) version that, pre covid, performed monthly. Cool city, I hope it can find a way to keep its vibe.

And one of the coolest things is the easy access to some back roads. I'm looking forward to some colorful drives in the Mazderati this fall.
That would be Marcus King. My wife and I were able to see them in Boulder CO. on Feb. 14th this year, just before the Covid virus took over and shut things down. We have been wanting to get to your part of the country to catch a music festival, hopefully in the near future it can happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts