Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5 S PR AWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had this baby for 13 days now. I got it in the Soul Red Crystal.They were selling fast at the dealership and it was between the red and the black.

Still pouring through the manuals and learning how to use all the features. The thing that attracted me the most about Mazda was the Commander Control knob. I despise touchscreen in vehicles, I think it is useful when the car is parked, but once the car is in motion I much prefer physical controls that I can use without looking at a screen. Once I saw the no touchscreen feature, any objectivity I had when researching vehicles flew out the window. :) Living in MN, I also appreciate that the under carriage is mostly covered up with plastic (?) panels. I'll still wash under there of course, but I like the idea of some kind of barrier to keep out the majority of road salt for when it has to go a week or so without being washed.

I look forward to reading the wisdom on this board. I already noticed the thread about the wiper fluid not being timed correctly based on when the blades move. It's that kind of detail that interests me. It would be cool if there was a way to change the timing in the car settings.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
249 Posts
Have had this baby for 13 days now. I got it in the Soul Red Crystal.They were selling fast at the dealership and it was between the red and the black.

Still pouring through the manuals and learning how to use all the features. The thing that attracted me the most about Mazda was the Commander Control knob. I despise touchscreen in vehicles, I think it is useful when the car is parked, but once the car is in motion I much prefer physical controls that I can use without looking at a screen. Once I saw the no touchscreen feature, any objectivity I had when researching vehicles flew out the window. :) Living in MN, I also appreciate that the under carriage is mostly covered up with plastic (?) panels. I'll still wash under there of course, but I like the idea of some kind of barrier to keep out the majority of road salt for when it has to go a week or so without being washed.

I look forward to reading the wisdom on this board. I already noticed the thread about the wiper fluid not being timed correctly based on when the blades move. It's that kind of detail that interests me. It would be cool if there was a way to change the timing in the car settings.
I agree with you about the control command business. I always disliked that touch screens were all full of fingerprints, etc and on bad roads it is more difficult to operate a touchscreen, hitting the right spot. I was very hesitant about mazda's system and now that i have become accustomed to it i prefer it. Sure it does have a few short comings but I feel its benefits and ease of use outweigh those.

·
Registered
2021 GS AWD
73 Posts

Welcome! I like the dial too. Didn't take long to get used to. Really love the way the vehicle drives and the interior.

·
Registered
2022 CX30 G25 FWD ASTINA
8 Posts
Welcome mate. Agree with the touch screen. Have the dial in the mazda6 and find it so much better then touching the screen that i occasionally do as its an after market android .
Pick up my ( well wifes ) sole red astina on tuesday so pretty excited

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium (Polymetal Gray)
74 Posts
I agree with you about the control command business. I always disliked that touch screens were all full of fingerprints, etc and on bad roads it is more difficult to operate a touchscreen, hitting the right spot. I was very hesitant about mazda's system and now that i have become accustomed to it i prefer it. Sure it does have a few short comings but I feel its benefits and ease of use outweigh those.
Agree on the fingerprints thing. For me, the commander knob is perfect. Same principle applies with touch screen laptops and it's why I don't have one. As it is, I'm cleaning the Otter Box cover on my iphone once a day. :) Fingerprints drive me nuts and I do believe there is an increased amount of safety for myself and others imposed by not having a touch screen to fumble around with. It's bad enough that people are texting and driving.

Reactions: Steve56

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
451 Posts
Howdy from Texas. Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new car. The red is their best color.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS 2.5L, Luxury Package, Soul Red Crystal
156 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5 S PR AWD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome! Between the community and the quality of the content, this should be a fun time. :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts