Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 AWD T
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting.
If you don’t mind me asking what did that setup cost?
Any rub at full lock?

Rick
Not a problem. I bought the springs along with a Corksport Cold Air Intake and their heat shield. The total for that was $1028.30. The springs alone are 399 plus tax. The product code is HRS28663-3. Installation took my friend about 40 minutes as he had a spring compressor tool.

I had to shop around and after a lot of inquiries, I ended up going away from local (GTA) since the locals wanted 600 for the springs before tax and another shipping fee to send to my friend’s shop.

Seeing that you’re Canadian, I used OSS Motorsports and they’re out in Winnipeg. Each time I dealt with them they were super nice and accommodating as well as good with updates. I don’t think they charged for shipping as I don’t see an additional charge for it on my invoice.

Edit: price update and no there is no rub. Car is noticeably more stable in corners and significantly less body roll. Still comfortable but some bumps are more noticeable and things like speed bumps will make a loud thud sound if you go a little too fast, probably because of the bump stop.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 AWD T
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link.
Looks like the price has increased like everything else.
$523.00 CDN.
Damn. That is too bad.

For what it’s worth though, with OSS you pay half of the payment as a security deposit and the rest when they’re about to ship out. Took my springs about two months to get here.

·
Registered
2022 CX-30 AWD, Carbon Edition (CE)
270 Posts
Looks like a better-looking Mazda3 hatch now, and the lowering isn't overdone like some people seem to like.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 AWD T
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like a better-looking Mazda3 hatch now, and the lowering isn't overdone like some people seem to like.
and get to still retain the step down vs step up feature of a higher vehicle!
Lowering springs, rear sway bar upgrade (corksport), 235 width summer tires, front strut tower bar = handling MONSTER 😁
To be honest, with just the HR springs there is significantly less body roll and I can go into turns way faster now. The springs have also made the Turanzas that everyone hates way much grippier. For me, the sway bar and tower are unnecessary. I’d say the next upgrade for me would be the Corksport BBK but even that might be unnecessary since I’m planning to keep the car on the OEM 18.

·
Registered
22 CX 30 Turbo GT & 22 3 in Soul Red
240 Posts
Very nice. Wheels and tires look more proportional to the wheel opening of the body.
Now you have done something Mazda should have offered, a choice of color on the cladding.
Well done. 👍🏽

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Turbo Premium Soul Red
81 Posts
Thinking of buying H&R springs for my turbo in the near future, because the excess wheel gap has been bothering me for a while. It's been a while since I've had a car on lowering springs (over a decade ago, when I was much younger and knew much less.) Any important things to know before I bite on this? General sentiment seems to be pretty good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
From my experience, for what it’s worth…the rears are much easier than the fronts. Separating the strut from the knuckle was a royal pain, as well as lining it up right to get it back in. You’ll need a special wrench to loosen part of the top strut mount. I was able to use the height adjusting wrench that came with the coilovers for my Miata. Also, be sure to trim enough off the bump stops. I trimmed one ring off, and need to take one more off. If I had to do it again, I’d pay someone. 🙂 ride quality: it’s great! Well controlled, comfortable. Somehow the car feels much more stable. No regrets at all on that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts