Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to replace my halogen DRL to LED, what bulbs would i need , someone mentioned canbus bulbs and im not that up to date on what canbus is !

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
659 Posts
odd, all lighting outside and in on our Canadian models are LED's.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
659 Posts
we don't have a glove-box light, I miss that as I had it in my previous vehicle. But as you know we have a totally different glove-box to UK models.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto Deep Crystal Blue
58 Posts
I believe you require additional parts for replacing DRL to Led's, I tried this with a Yeti I ran some years ago and could not get them to work, changing interior lights was straightforward, but never managed to overcome the DRL or indicator lights.
By the way you have the advantage of a glovebox light, mine does not have one despite being top of the range. It is the first car in over 30 years I have owned that does not light up the glovebox.

·
Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
79 Posts
I believe you require additional parts for replacing DRL to Led's,
Have you read my post? I have no trouble with the ones I ordered, no additional stuff needed. A different brand and model is no reference.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SEL LUX
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe you require additional parts for replacing DRL to Led's, I tried this with a Yeti I ran some years ago and could not get them to work, changing interior lights was straightforward, but never managed to overcome the DRL or indicator lights.
By the way you have the advantage of a glovebox light, mine does not have one despite being top of the range. It is the first car in over 30 years I have owned that does not light up the glovebox.
Oddly enough with all interior lights led, the glovebox is halogen lol. How did we cope with halogen headlights ! just parked up my workvan (65) plate with halogens, really poor vision , keep thinking im driving on my sidelights lol

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 G25 Touring FWD
3 Posts
I have had my 2021 CX30 for just over a week. It has the halogen DRL's with LED headlights. The DRL's turn off when the headlights are running (i.e. you can't run both at once).

A few days ago i tried replacing the bulbs. I had a tech do it for me using JW Speaker bulbs ( 12V 6000K T20 LED WEDGE lamps ). As soon as the halogen bulb was taken out, a bulb blown error came up on the dash. When the LED bulb went it, the message remained and the light wouldn't come on. I'm now of the understanding that it will need a resistor to get it working, and this has the potential to interfere with electrics should there be any electrical problems down the track... This would of course cause warranty issues. I am now at a loss for what to do. Really annoying. I'm wondering if there would be a halogen bulb with a more white appearance that might work...?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
268 Posts
I have had my 2021 CX30 for just over a week. It has the halogen DRL's with LED headlights. The DRL's turn off when the headlights are running (i.e. you can't run both at once).
@ncav - Before we can look at your issues with substituting your lamps with LED equivalents, you need to tell us a little more about yourself. Please update your profile and post an introduction. It's all explained here. Once you have done this, we can help you as we will know what model CX-30 you have and which market it is built for. Incidentally, the link you supplied doesn't work, so I have edited your post to remove it.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 G25 Touring FWD
3 Posts
@ncav - Before we can look at your issues with substituting your lamps with LED equivalents, you need to tell us a little more about yourself. Please update your profile and post an introduction. It's all explained here. Once you have done this, we can help you as we will know what model CX-30 you have and which market it is built for. Incidentally, the link you supplied doesn't work, so I have edited your post to remove it.
Done. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts