Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Premium/Blue/Black/FWD CX-30 two days ago. All I can say is that it exceeds my expectations in every way. I drove a Lexus RX330 for 16 years and loved that car, but the CX-30 is so much more fun to drive. The back seat is definitely tight, but I am alone in the car 99% of the time and the other 1% of the time my wife is with me, so no big deal for me. The rear visibility is not great, but I removed the center headrest in back and that fixed the problem. What a great car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Congrats! Curious to know what accessories/first things you're planning to (tint, paint protection, vent visors, etc.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Welcome to the forum Scott! What made you decide to switch from Lexus? I'm curious because I know a few people who love Lexus and won't drive anything else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My kids are grown and gone, so I don't need to haul around 4 or 5 people any more. 99% of the time in my vehicle it's just me or me and my wife. I wanted something a little more sporty than a Lexus RX, but I like SUVs/CUVs. The funny thing is that when I began considering replacing my RX I couldn't find what I really wanted -- a small SUV that was fun, sporty, reliable, fuel efficient, and a good value (i.e., not too expensive to buy and own). When the CX-30 was announced it was exactly what I had in mind and when I went to test drive it I liked it even more than I thought I would. Now that I've owned it for a little more than a week, I am totally in love with this vehicle. It is very well designed and a joy to drive. And after about 500 miles of driving, I am averaging 36.5 MPG. The only thing I wish it has is heated side mirrors, but that is a small sacrifice for an otherwise great vehicle.
 

·
Super Moderator
2020 CX-30 Machine Gray Premium FWD, 2020 Soul Red Crystal MX-5 RF GT
Joined
·
53 Posts
Thank you for the tip about removing the rear seat headrests. I'll ask my wife if she thinks that will help her rear visibility. We've only had the car a few days and she hasn't complained but it definitely should help.

We added the rear tonneau cover and the rear cargo mat today and have the high wall floor mats, sunshade, and rear bumper protection applique on order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Re: Rear Visibility

If it's just you and a passenger, you can flip down the back seats entirely for an unrestricted view. I leave mine down almost permanently.
 

·
Super Moderator
2020 CX-30 Machine Gray Premium FWD, 2020 Soul Red Crystal MX-5 RF GT
Joined
·
53 Posts
Re: Rear Visibility

If it's just you and a passenger, you can flip down the back seats entirely for an unrestricted view. I leave mine down almost permanently.
Good idea, but she likes having the seats up so that the things she keeps in the back don't move around.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top