Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX 30, GT Polymetal Grey.
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've washed my car again and it still will not come clean. I've wand washed and drive through but the black plastic and most of the body has a "haze" on it. Any thoughts? I have not used any products on the car at all.

·
Registered
CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
26 Posts
It could be the water in your area. If it's "hard" with minerals it could leave minerals, a haze or water sports. Or if the water is "soft" it will be more difficult to rinse the soap/detergent. I'm only guessing but it could be soft water - the soap residue is leaving the haze. I'm not an expert but do work in a lab that deals with a LOT of water.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that certainly makes sense, never had it happen in the past vehicle thought

·
Registered
CX-30 GT - 2.5 L AWD
144 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with all this social distancing.....you have to get close when you wash her😁😁😁😁....just my sense of humor

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
73 Posts
Could have sat at a port for a while near salt water. Could have over spray from sitting at the dealer... Would use a clay bar and then wax it. With how thin automotive paint is these days. I would hold off compounding or polishing a brand new car. Might polish mine around the 2 year mark maybe.

Also is the haze on any of the glass?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could have sat at a port for a while near salt water. Could have over spray from sitting at the dealer... Would use a clay bar and then wax it. With how thin automotive paint is these days. I would hold off compounding or polishing a brand new car. Will polish mine around the 2 year mark maybe.

Is the haze also on any of the glass?
I don't think it is on the glass, the clay bar is an idea

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
339 Posts
Before you clay bar , try some citrus spray, it may be glue residue from the plastic film they use in transportation.... Then use a decon spray, then clay bar and finally a good quality shampoo 👍😎 and apply a good Wax or sealant

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
73 Posts
I like Steves recommendation! However the glue residue only shows around where the plastic was. Meaning on the edges not everywhere the plastic covered. If you do use the citrus spray (worth a shot) and it works... Make sure to wax the car. As the spray will remove all wax that was on the car previously.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts