Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 Sport Lux Skyactive-X Arctic White
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed the heated seats go off after about 15 minutes then come back on after some time?

both my front heated seats do this it’s like some sort of cycle. Is this normal or should I book it in?

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
146 Posts
I haven't noticed. To be honest with the 80-90 degree F temps we've had, I haven't tested the heated seats. Typically for me, 5-10 min. in cold temps is long enough usage for me.
Have you checked the owners manual for insight?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
378 Posts
on Canadian/US models there is an adjustment in the display to set up to tie the heated seats & heated steering wheel with your climate control so that it goes on and off automatically.

Reactions: R-Brown and Thomas

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 SkyactivX GT Plus FWD AT - Polymetal Grey
40 Posts
Usually the heating pads below the seat covers have a thermostat which prevents overheating. This might explain it.
If you link the heated seats to the climate controls as per above illustration you may also get the behavior.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve searched out a forum for this particular issue. I traded in my 2017 CX-3 and it had the best heated seats. They got very warm and stayed warm until I manually turned them down. It also stayed on the next time I used the car so I never had to remember to turn it on. This is no longer an option with the CX-3 so I upgraded. The heated seats in the 30 are terrible. It warms up and stays warm for about 5 minutes and then they cool down for 10-15 minutes before they heat up again. And the whole time the button is set to 3, it doesn’t lower to 2 or 1 as it’s cooling down. I’ve tried turning it off and back on but it still takes a good 10-15 minutes to heat back up. It’s in for service and they took a look and said nothings wrong.

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
36 Posts
The heated seats can be linked to the climate control. If this setting has been applied to your seats then maybe they cool down as the internal cabin heat becomes warmer. Just a suggestion and might be worth checking.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
378 Posts
as the temperatures was cool enough this morning (12C), I was able to test the heated seats and s/w for the first time as I have it linked to my climate control. It worked great.

I also turned off the climate control and just turned on the heated seats on it's own and it worked fantastic, couldn't take the maximum 3-setting for too long (feels hotter than on my previous vehicle that only had 2-settings). It will interesting to see how it feels when it gets really cold, but so far very impressed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Climate control was the first thing we checked and it wasn’t linked. After searching other forums, I found lists with the same issue in other models. Not the ideal solution but if you set the seat to the middle setting, it doesn’t turn off and it gets hotter then the high setting.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
134 Posts
How hot does an ass need to be? Lol

I find the settingsto be just fine and never want to keep the seat heated for long periods of time anyway (in ANY car)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts