Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Select AWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am the proud owner of a new 2021 CX-30 Select AWD. I am loving the car so far and looking forward to being a part of the community!

·
Registered
Current Mazdas: 15 Mazda3, 16 Mazda2, 19 Mazda3 and 3 prior Mazdas
100 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Is this your first Mazda?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
672 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new CX-30. Nice looking car.

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.
For reference, here are our Forum Rules

The main areas of the forum are shown here with a short explanation of how they are used:
  • The General Discussion area is for questions and discussions about your CX-30
  • The DIY area is for full instructions with pictures to guide other members carrying out their own servicing.
  • The Modification area is for discussions about making your car different.
  • The Complaints, Issues And Problems area is for you to address a specific issue with your CX-30
  • The CX‌-30 News area for the latest news and updates for the CX‌-30
There are many other forums all of which can be seen by clicking on the Forums icon to the left of your Avatar.If you want the latest posts on the forum, click on the New icon to the left of the Forums icon.

Look across the banner at the top and you'll see three vertical dots on the right. Click there for fast access to the forum sections

Above all - enjoy yourself.

Martin (Administrator)

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
69 Posts
Welcome JJinflorida, I'm in South Georgia, right next to Florida.

·
Registered
2021 CX30 2.5 Turbo, black
22 Posts
Hi JJ
I'm in Fort Myers, just bought new CX30 2.5 Turbo. I loved it at first till all the computerized safety crap started doing irritating and scary stuff without warning. I just did a long chat with MazdoUSA which got me nowhere. If someone is tailgating you when the car decides for no discernable reason to hit the brakes things could get ugly (just happened to me). Unfortunately for we owners Mazda informed me that the system doesn't record when if makes potentially dangerous choices for you. How convenient for them.
If you go into the Mazda Connect menu and turn the collision avoidance stuff off it all comes back on the moment you restart the car. The same is true of the "radar cruise control." If you're in cruise driving in the right lane on the freeway and come up to slower cars you would normally just move to the left lane and pass them. Good luck with that in your Mazda. Cruise will automatically slow your car down to stay behind them. At first these things are annoying, but soon they become maddening. All I want is to get rid of this piece of crap and get my Jeep back.
Rest assured, if I find a way to defeat this nonsense I'll come here and tell everyone.
Joe

·
Registered
Current Mazdas: 15 Mazda3, 16 Mazda2, 19 Mazda3 and 3 prior Mazdas
100 Posts
JKX,

I believe the only thing you can’t turn off in the menu is emergency braking. I have lane departure and lane centering off and the accident avoidance set to less sensitive. I almost never get a safety warning of any kind.

On my wife’s forester, it is like playing a video game with all the warnings and the system disabling itself when the lines are not painted clearly enough.

I understand your frustration, I think you should be able to refine the setup to make it work the way you want.

·
Registered
2021 CX30 2.5 Turbo, black
22 Posts
JKX,

I believe the only thing you can’t turn off in the menu is emergency braking. I have lane departure and lane centering off and the accident avoidance set to less sensitive. I almost never get a safety warning of any kind.

On my wife’s forester, it is like playing a video game with all the warnings and the system disabling itself when the lines are not painted clearly enough.

I understand your frustration, I think you should be able to refine the setup to make it work the way you want.

Thank you. Unfortunately I have set collision avoidance to "late" and still get a brake job when approaching other cars. None of these systems are sophisticated enough to help in actual driving situations while not being maddeningly intrusive. I equate it with the new "woke" culture phenomenon in which we are all assumed to be too stupid or evil to make our own choices.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts