Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Preferred AWD White
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my white CX30 Preferred yesterday. Coming from a 2009 Mazda3 (that I loved, and had zero issues with) this is a really nice upgrade. My Mazda3 was still running perfectly, but I bought it before I was married with 2 kids so it was time 🙂. It's a little nerve-racking buying during a pandemic, but I got a great deal from a dealership in PA. Looking forward to learning more from this group!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
476 Posts
congrats (y) I like the contrast with the black cladding, starting to lean more to this colour over the Soul Red.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
congrats (y) I like the contrast with the black cladding, starting the lean more to this colour over the Soul Red.
I almost chose black because I wasn't sure about the white with the black cladding, but I was sold once I saw the white in person. The red is stunning too. Mazda does a great job with their paint colors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations on your new CX-30! How was it dealing with your dealership during the pandemic?
Thank you! It was a very easy process. Even though I live in NJ, I went with a dealer in PA because my brother-in-law had a great experience purchasing his Mazda3 there last year, and the NJ/Staten Island/Costco dealerships that I got quotes from couldn't beat their price.

We agreed on the pricing via text messaging and 2 days later, I was able to pick up my CX-30. I had to go inside the dealership only to sign the papers so it was about 30 minutes.

The most unusual thing about buying during a pandemic is I did not test drive the vehicle at all... never even sat in it before purchasing. My purchase was based on the countless YouTube video reviews that I watched, and lurking on forums like this one!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome, new owner! I wonder: As you did not test drive your beautiful CX-30 prior to purchase, AFTER you've had a chance to get to know the car and drive it for awhile, would you be open to sharing with us how your "real world" experience matched up with your opinions formed from your extensive internet research? Happy? Disappointed? Why and with what?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome, new owner! I wonder: As you did not test drive your beautiful CX-30 prior to purchase, AFTER you've had a chance to get to know the car and drive it for awhile, would you be open to sharing with us how your "real world" experience matched up with your opinions formed from your extensive internet research? Happy? Disappointed? Why and with what?
Thanks! After a week of owning the CX-30 I'm very happy and my experience is very much in line with the reviews, which were mostly positive. It wasn't 100% a blind purchase because I did drive through a Mazda dealership lot—while they were closed—prior to buying. I was able to check out the overall size and peek into the interior in person. But when I actually got to sit in it and drive it, it was even nicer than I expected. Coming from a fully-loaded 2009 Mazda3 Grand Touring sedan, the CX-30 still feels like a big upgrade; it's so much quieter and smoother, as expected. I've only driven it on flat(-ish) roads and gorgeous weather so it hasn't been put to the test yet!

I am only disappointed in the 2 recalls (brake bolts and fuel evaporative vent hose) that I found about today from nhtsa.gov but the dealership assured me it's a quick fix 🤞. Still, it sucks having to bring my 1 week old car back to the dealership already. I still love the car though, and I'm confident/hopeful that Mazda will make it right.

So far, no regrets, but I'll update this thread if I do have any!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thank you! It was a very easy process. Even though I live in NJ, I went with a dealer in PA because my brother-in-law had a great experience purchasing his Mazda3 there last year, and the NJ/Staten Island/Costco dealerships that I got quotes from couldn't beat their price.

We agreed on the pricing via text messaging and 2 days later, I was able to pick up my CX-30. I had to go inside the dealership only to sign the papers so it was about 30 minutes.

The most unusual thing about buying during a pandemic is I did not test drive the vehicle at all... never even sat in it before purchasing. My purchase was based on the countless YouTube video reviews that I watched, and lurking on forums like this one!
Well I'm glad that your leap of faith for not test driving it has been rewarded. That must've been interesting negotiating price over text as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up my white CX30 Preferred yesterday. Coming from a 2009 Mazda3 (that I loved, and had zero issues with) this is a really nice upgrade. My Mazda3 was still running perfectly, but I bought it before I was married with 2 kids so it was time 🙂. It's a little nerve-racking buying during a pandemic, but I got a great deal from a dealership in PA. Looking forward to learning more from this group!

View attachment 474
Wish you all the best with your new car, hope it will serve you well, I am interested what are your impressions regarding rear passenger room and comfort for kids for example and what do you think about cx30 as a family car primarily? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wish you all the best with your new car, hope it will serve you well, I am interested what are your impressions regarding rear passenger room and comfort for kids for example and what do you think about cx30 as a family car primarily? Thanks
Thank you! I have 2 kids ages 9 and 6 so the rear passenger room is just right for them, at this stage. My son sits on a regular back-less booster seat and my daughter has a high-back booster seat and they have no issues with space and comfort. They also love the center console. I chose the CX-30 for commuting, errands, school/sports, and day trips, and it's perfect for that. Also have to mention that I'm only 5'0 and my husband is 5'9 so we've never had to slide the front seats all the way back. I do think it would be tight with younger kids in rear-facing car seats and strollers, or if you have more than 2 kids.

The CX-30 isn't our primary family car though; we also have a Honda Pilot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you! I have 2 kids ages 9 and 6 so the rear passenger room is just right for them, at this stage. My son sits on a regular back-less booster seat and my daughter has a high-back booster seat and they have no issues with space and comfort. They also love the center console. I chose the CX-30 for commuting, errands, school/sports, and day trips, and it's perfect for that. Also have to mention that I'm only 5'0 and my husband is 5'9 so we've never had to slide the front seats all the way back. I do think it would be tight with younger kids in rear-facing car seats and strollers, or if you have more than 2 kids.

The CX-30 isn't our primary family car though; we also have a Honda Pilot.
Thank you very much for a fast response :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts