Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Arriving soon: SE-L Lux e-Skyactiv X, Deep Crystal Blue Mica + detachable tow bar
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from London!

Today we test-drove a CX-30 and absolutely loved it. Our current VW T-Roc SE 1.0 has served us well, but it's time for something different, taking advantage of the high equity we have to swap early in our PCP. Our local Mazda dealer has been amazing, super helpful, friendly and straight talking. Got a great price via CarWow, offered exactly what I wanted for PX on our T-Roc, and hasn't tried to up-sell anything at all. Totally pain-free experience.

So, arriving in a month's time (hopefully less!) will be our new CX30 SE -L Lux e-Skyactiv X, in Deep Crystal Blue Mica, with detachable tow bar and accompanying electrics fitted by the dealer.

It was a tough call not to go for the Sport Lux for the looks, but money is important right now and the SE-L Lux was offered on a great deal.

We can't wait to bring it home, and I'm looking forward to gleaning lots of advice from this forum -

Best,
G

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I expect you'll find the CX-30 quite different to the T-Roc and I hope you enjoy both the car and the forum. PLease take a moment to update your profile when you've taken delivery - and POST PICS!! 😎 (y)

·
Registered
Arriving soon: SE-L Lux e-Skyactiv X, Deep Crystal Blue Mica + detachable tow bar
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks all! I'm really resisting the urge to upgrade to a sport Lux for the bigger alloys and electric tailgate, but its just not as good a value... so I'll stick. such a shame they've removed the electric tailgate as a standard feature on the latest model!

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 SE L Lux Auto E-Skyactiv x
19 Posts
Greetings from London!

Today we test-drove a CX-30 and absolutely loved it. Our current VW T-Roc SE 1.0 has served us well, but it's time for something different, taking advantage of the high equity we have to swap early in our PCP. Our local Mazda dealer has been amazing, super helpful, friendly and straight talking. Got a great price via CarWow, offered exactly what I wanted for PX on our T-Roc, and hasn't tried to up-sell anything at all. Totally pain-free experience.

So, arriving in a month's time (hopefully less!) will be our new CX30 SE -L Lux e-Skyactiv X, in Deep Crystal Blue Mica, with detachable tow bar and accompanying electrics fitted by the dealer.

It was a tough call not to go for the Sport Lux for the looks, but money is important right now and the SE-L Lux was offered on a great deal.

We can't wait to bring it home, and I'm looking forward to gleaning lots of advice from this forum -

Best,
G
Hello there . Congrats on your new CX30 . We got our cx30 about 3 mounts ago . We got the the SE L Lux e skyactiv x too auto . The same colour as well . It’s a really nice car and we are enjoying it , very comfortable to drive and also the interior feels and looks very expensive . I really just admire this car so much, there’s just something about it that is just class. Yes I agree, it’s a shame that that the 2021 model does not have the electric tailgate whereas the 2020 SE L Lux did. Why did they take it away?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hi @Metro, ah awesome, great choice! Do you have any photos of yours? Not many photos out there of our trim level in our colour, with the dark 16” alloys… still gotta wait a month for mine to arrive so trying to live vicariously on the forum in the meantime!

Why did they take it away?
I guess they thought we had to pay for the extra 6hp in the revised engine somehow! 🤣

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it’s nearly time! Tomorrow we drop off our trusty T-Roc, and drive away in our lovely new CX-30.

Will be sad to say goodbye to our TRoc SE 1L, it’s been a great runabout, with loads of space for our mildly adventurous holidays, and I do think it looks gorgeous.

But as mentioned above, the CX-30 has more power under the hood and is too good a deal to turn down. Plus, looking at the T-Roc forums with people still waiting over 6 months for their new cars, I’m glad we made this choice. The advantage of PCP is that we get to change it up more regularly, after all.

Anyway, I’ll post tomorrow with some photos of the new car.

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
562 Posts
Hello from Texas. Congrats on the new car. I've had mine for 3 weeks tomorrow. Really liking it so far. I just got the Nav SD in the mail and installed it this morning. Took maybe 1 minute to install itself and pop up running. Best $40 I've ever spent on a car.

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How are you finding the drive of the e skyactiv x?
Hi Metro, thanks!

I’m enjoying it so far, although I’ve found it a little jerky sometimes in 1st and 2nd gears when pulling away. It might just need me to adjust my driving style from my previous 1L turbo T-Roc, though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Metro, thanks!

I’m enjoying it so far, although I’ve found it a little jerky sometimes in 1st and 2nd gears when pulling away. It might just need me to adjust my driving style from my previous 1L turbo T-Roc, though.
Hello pumpkinking
Did you go for a manual ? Mine is an auto .
You will notice the difference as no turbo but when you put your foot down you notice that kick. As a lot of the reviews say , you need to rev it to get that oomph. It’s a comfy car , I just drive it easy and push it if need be . I love how quiet it is . It takes time to get used to but when you do it’s really good . At times you feel it struggles a little. But most times it’s very comfortable. It’s not a power car but that’s not what I wanted. I just wanted a reliable , comfortable, a refined engine and a classy interior.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new CX-30. Please take a moment and update your profile, now you have the car! :D (y)

If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.
For reference, here are our Forum Rules

The main areas of the forum are shown here with a short explanation of how they are used:
  • The General Discussion area is for questions and discussions about your CX-30
  • The DIY area is for full instructions with pictures to guide other members carrying out their own servicing.
  • The Modification area is for discussions about making your car different.
  • The Complaints, Issues And Problems area is for you to address a specific issue with your CX-30
  • The CX‌-30 News area for the latest news and updates for the CX‌-30
There are many other forums all of which can be seen by clicking on the Forums icon to the left of your Avatar. If you want the latest posts on the forum, click on the New icon to the left of the Forums icon.

Look across the banner at the top and you'll see three vertical dots on the right. Click there for fast access to the forum sections

Above all - enjoy yourself.

Martin (Administrator)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.