Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-G GS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

Really happy that I came across this forum/community, as I’ve been quite the fan of my 2020 CX-30 GS that I bought back in October!

Absolutely no complaints thus far, this car has done nothing but impress me ever since I took delivery of it.

Being from Alberta, Canada, our winters can be pretty harsh, and this winter definitely took a slight toll on the vehicle. The one thing I wish I had added when I bought the car was 3M protection; My hood has a number of minor chips, but I was able to fill them all the with the touch up pen.

2 initial questions for everyone:
1) I’m having 3M protection out on the vehicle next week, and was going to get 24” on the hood, and mirror caps done (just to be budget friendly at the moment). Should I consider getting the front bumper and headlights done as well?

2) I took a road trip to the mountains this winter and ended up getting 2 small chips which have now formed cracked across the passengers side of the windshield — so I’m aware the entire windshield will need replacing. Since the cx-30 is so new, there are no aftermarket windshields available yet, so I would have to get OEM from the dealer. Would you wait for aftermarket or go ahead with the OEM?

Thanks a bunch! And I’m looking forward to being part of the community.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
Hello everyone!

Really happy that I came across this forum/community, as I’ve been quite the fan of my 2020 CX-30 GS that I bought back in October!

Absolutely no complaints thus far, this car has done nothing but impress me ever since I took delivery of it.

Being from Alberta, Canada, our winters can be pretty harsh, and this winter definitely took a slight toll on the vehicle. The one thing I wish I had added when I bought the car was 3M protection; My hood has a number of minor chips, but I was able to fill them all the with the touch up pen.

1) I’m having 3M protection out on the vehicle next week, and was going to get 24” on the hood, and mirror caps done (just to be budget friendly at the moment). Should I consider getting the front bumper and headlights done as well?

2) I took a road trip to the mountains this winter and ended up getting 2 small chips which have now formed cracked across the passengers side of the windshield — so I’m aware the entire windshield will need replacing. Since the cx-30 is so new, there are no aftermarket windshields available yet, so I would have to get OEM from the dealer. Would you wait for aftermarket or go ahead with the OEM?

View attachment 1525
For the windshield I would go OEM especially if you have collision avoidance stuff 🙂 hope that helps enjoy the awesome CX 30.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-G GS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the windshield I would go OEM especially if you have collision avoidance stuff 🙂 hope that helps enjoy the awesome CX 30.
Thanks for the response! That’s what I was thinking, even though it is a little pricier. Cheers 🤟

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
660 Posts
welcome to the forum from south-eastern, Ontario, I too have a 2020 GS model.

Both our daughters live in Alberta, one in Calgary the other in Medicine Hat. We hope to get back out that way again (was there in 2015) when it's safe to do so and I'll be driving, as there is not much kilometers on mine and it's so nice to drive. 😊

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hello everyone!

View attachment 1525
What a beautiful picture 😍 wish I had that much snow here .. been wanting to play more in the snow but don't have much at all .. should see if you can submit your picture into Mazda Canada.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
28 Posts
Welcome from another new-bee.

That is a beautiful picture!

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
263 Posts
Hello everyone!

View attachment 1525
Hello everyone!

View attachment 1525
Welcome from another Albertan, Calgary to be more specific👍

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-G GS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
welcome to the forum from south-eastern, Ontario, I too have a 2020 GS model.

Both our daughters live in Alberta, one in Calgary the other in Medicine Hat. We hope to get back out that way again (was there in 2015) when it's safe to do so and I'll be driving, as there is not much kilometers on mine and it's so nice to drive. 😊
It’s a beautiful province! Can’t wait to get back out to the mountains this spring/summer. Enjoy the drive over.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
58 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Our daughter lives in Canmore and for the past 20 years or so we visit twice a year usually driving. Of course one of the principal hazards on the roads in Alberta is the use of rocks for traction in winter--- I cannot understand why the road maintenance people do not use sand. Over the years I have had 6 replacement windshields and many more chip repairs.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
268 Posts
Welcome to CX30Talk. What a gorgeous photo! It must be nice to get out and play.

If you are new to forums, then please read our introduction here.
For reference, here are our Forum Rules

It might be best for you to post your two questions about your car in separate threads in the General Discussion area where they can be discussed more thoroughly. For info, the main areas of the forum are explained here:
There are many other forums all of which can be seen by clicking on the Forums icon to the left of your Avatar.
If you want the latest posts on the forum, click on the New icon to the left of the Forums icon.
Look across the banner at the top and you'll see three vertical dots on the right. Click there for fast access to the forum sections

Above all - enjoy yourself.

Martin (Administrator)

Reactions: mbrownz

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-G GS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the forum. Our daughter lives in Canmore and for the past 20 years or so we visit twice a year usually driving. Of course one of the principal hazards on the roads in Alberta is the use of rocks for traction in winter--- I cannot understand why the road maintenance people do not use sand. Over the years I have had 6 replacement windshields and many more chip repairs.
Yeah I was so gutted when those 2 chips cracked across — and ironically enough it was the morning of the day I was getting them filled. Definitely adding glass coverage to my insurance going forward.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yeah I was so gutted when those 2 chips cracked across — and ironically enough it was the morning of the day I was getting them filled. Definitely adding glass coverage to my insurance going forward.
Yah good idea.. when I was getting my CX 30 I talked to my insurance broker and told her I want MAXIMUM coverage.. bumper to bumper .. hit and run protection.. glass coverage you name it .. didn't affect my insurance cost much at all.didnt want to take any chances on a lease..

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
58 Posts
Did you also take the Full Replacement Value option? I have had that on all my recent new vehicles and on my Jaguars I have Agreed Value coverage. Neither are particularly expensive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts