Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,520 Posts
congrats and welcome from the other end of the country in south-eastern Ontario

Have you talked to the dealer about the warning light?

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT Turbo, Soul Red
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello! It's going back to the dealership on Tuesday. They were quick to respond and got me a service appointment the next business day, so hopefully they will figure it out. It was helpful to read other owners experiences here. Will report back what they find. I guess I should expect a few bumps along the way in a new model car with so much tech...

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
My apologies everyone, I just read the "what to do" and found out I was not supposed to post about issues here. My bad for not reading the admin posts before launching in.
No worries. Just make a new thread here:

Or better still, join in the discussion here:

Welcome to the forum, by the way! :D

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo
306 Posts
Picked up my new CX 30 Turbo a few days ago. Love it, but am experiencing the "low 12 volt battery" warning :(
Mine did the same thing, even though it WASN'T low. Only happened if I had locked it with the key fob overnight. Then it have the low battery warning. Doesn't anymore, since it's locked in the garage overnight...

I'd just ignore it. It's mostly gone now. Must be a software glitch, in that they added a separate cardboard card to the owner's manual that mentioned it...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
congrats and welcome from the other end of the country in south-eastern Ontario

Have you talked to the dealer about the warning light?
Was into dealer yesterday. They did an AVR test and the starter, alternator and battery are all good, no stored codes found. But the battery was low so they charged it to 100% and said to monitor it. They did not find any TSBs on the Mazda Canada database. I'm to call in if it happens again and they will raise a ticket with Mazda Canada.

I'm surprised the battery was found to be low as I had driven it 98km mostly on the freeway, then put it away locked in my garage and with both key fobs 45ft away in my kitchen. I then entered the cabin twice. Once to get the owner's manual and once I turned on the ACC and listened to one song on the radio (3-4mins?). Other than that, it sat in the garage for 36 hours after which I ran it to get groceries and then drove it into the dealership. Thought that would be enough to charge the battery since the manual just says to turn the engine on for 5 mins to charge the battery if this warning comes on. Time will tell...

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
114 Posts
Welcome from another new-bee.

I had the low-voltage warning also this weekend.

Checked the battery and still read over 12 volts.

Drove it to and from work, total of 86 miles, and so far no more voltage warnings.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, it's been just over a week since the dealership charged up my battery and I'm happy to report that all is well. I've had no further low battery warnings. It does seem that this is, as reported by others here, a new feature in the 2021s designed to prevent a real battery problem. My sales guy told me that he looked into it further and he is seeing this warning come up in the new Mazda 3s and CX30s. Mazda has sent the dealership an internal memo which says the same thing as the leaflet in the manual. (Personally, I don't think the leaflet goes far enough since once you get this warning, simply running the engine for 5 minutes may get rid of the warning, but it hasn't necessarily charged the batter back up enough.)

I have suggested to them that they include this in their new owner briefing. I should probably have added that they should ensure the battery is charged to 100% as part of PDI. OK - like what new owner doesn't sit in the car and fiddle with the entertainment system and configure settings in the garage as soon as he/she gets home??

I asked my BF what his Mercedes and BMW does and apparently after listening to the radio for 20-30 minutes with the engine off, his cars just turns everything off with no warning and he just "naturally assumed this was to preserve the battery charge".

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,520 Posts
I asked my BF what his Mercedes and BMW does and apparently after listening to the radio for 20-30 minutes with the engine off, his cars just turns everything off with no warning and he just "naturally assumed this was to preserve the battery charge".
does the same on my CX-30 😄

·
Update your profile and enter your Vehicle Details
8 Posts
Picked up my new CX 30 Turbo a few days ago. Love it, but am experiencing the "low 12 volt battery" warning :(
yes, I also bought a new CX30 and have the same problem. My dealer would not help me. Called Corporate was told that they are aware of this problem and will try a internal fix. They will either change the alarm or delete it. I said no no no, we do not need a alarm for nothing. Try this open a door and close it. don't start the car for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes open the drivers side and you have a alarm sound and flashing lights in dash that indicate low battery. This is Bull Crap.

·
Update your profile and enter your Vehicle Details
8 Posts
Hello! It's going back to the dealership on Tuesday. They were quick to respond and got me a service appointment the next business day, so hopefully they will figure it out. It was helpful to read other owners experiences here. Will report back what they find. I guess I should expect a few bumps along the way in a new model car with so much tech...
I went to the Service Dept and there isn't any thing they can do about the alarm. I got a 6 page Bulletin on the issue of the low battery alarm. The solution it states is to start your car and run for at least 5 minutes or drive it for 5 minutes and this will solve the problem. That is nuts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I went to the Service Dept and there isn't any thing they can do about the alarm. I got a 6 page Bulletin on the issue of the low battery alarm. The solution it states is to start your car and run for at least 5 minutes or drive it for 5 minutes and this will solve the problem. That is nuts.
When I took my car into the service department, they found the battery low even after I had run the car on the highway for close to an hour. They charged the battery up to full for me. Since then, I've only had the "Low Battery" warning once, when the car was left unlocked in the garage for a couple of days. On this occasion, running the car for 5 minutes did fix the problem and it hasn't recurred. I think the frustration maybe that dealerships don't always take the time to ensure the battery is fully charged before handoff - and also that all the electronics in this car can drain the battery fast. Making sure the car is locked and keeping the key fobs more than 20 ft away from the car has worked for me. Hope you find a solution. It's a great car other than this annoyance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.