Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am about to purchase CX-30 Select 2021 in white. I am getting out of a Sentra 2019 with serious battery drain issues. I have to jump start my auto 5-8 times a week. Does the CX-30 2021 have the same issues? Please advise as I am about to write a check for purchase.
Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had mine about 15 weeks now. I've never had a starting problem or gotten the battery drain message. Others have. Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new car.
I've had mine about 15 weeks now. I've never had a starting problem or gotten the battery drain message. Others have. Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new car.
thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello, I am about to purchase CX-30 Select 2021 in white. I am getting out of a Sentra 2019 with serious battery drain issues. I have to jump start my auto 5-8 times a week. Does the CX-30 2021 have the same issues? Please advise as I am about to write a check for purchase.
Thank you
Do you do anything special with the auto parking break?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,080 Posts
Do you do anything special with the auto parking break?
I haven't responded but I've not had any problems with the battery, but mine is a 2020 model and have owned it for 16 months now. It generally sits for a week and then I only do a short trip of about 35-40 km, this has been the case all last winter and no problems starting it. Also messed around with the infotainment unit learning all the features anywhere from 1.5 - 2.5 hrs with no problems, other that the auto shut off after about 25 minutes, then just turn on the ACC and continued.

But really curious as to why you are asking this question about the auto parking brake, just don't see the connection.

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
224 Posts
Have never had an actual battery drain issue. The 2021's have a battery alert when you have the doors open too long or too many times. Can be a bit annoying... Usually goes off if loading for a trip or washing and vacuuming. It clears with 5 minutes runtime. It is not actually a battery problem.
As for your other question. The park brake is automatically on every time you start. A simple touch of the button clears it. Or as long as your seatbelt is on you can just drive. It just feels like a slight resistance and then it is off.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo
112 Posts
The electric parking brake only needs power to engage or disengage, it doesn't drain power while engaged.

No battery issues here either, had mine nearly 6 months.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I haven't responded but I've not had any problems with the battery, but mine is a 2020 model and have owned it for 16 months now. It generally sits for a week and then I only do a short trip of about 35-40 km, this has been the case all last winter and no problems starting it. Also messed around with the infotainment unit learning all the features anywhere from 1.5 - 2.5 hrs with no problems, other that the auto shut off after about 25 minutes, then just turn on the ACC and continued.

But really curious as to why you are asking this question about the auto parking brake, just don't see the connection.
Thank you for the response Regarding the parking brake I have read that since it is an electronic brake it has caused battery drain since it is engaged while the car is off.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
209 Posts
Thank you for the response Regarding the parking brake I have read that since it is an electronic brake it has caused battery drain since it is engaged while the car is off.
If i am not mistaken the parking brake engages when the vehicle is placed in park. In the past once it is engaged and lit with the yellow light, i simply disengage it and turn the car off. When i start the vehicle it is not lit.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,080 Posts
If i am not mistaken the parking brake engages when the vehicle is placed in park. In the past once it is engaged and lit with the yellow light, i simply disengage it and turn the car off. When i start the vehicle it is not lit.
the EPB yellow light soon goes out on it's own, not sure how quick but probably like any of the electric system (like lights etc) that maybe on that turn off automatically (usually after 30 seconds if set that way) (I'll try to remember to watch for it next time I turn the car off). I know it's never on when I get back in the car when parked overnight even though I've never touch the EPB switch.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts