Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo
112 Posts
Thank you for the response Regarding the parking brake I have read that since it is an electronic brake it has caused battery drain since it is engaged while the car is off.
No, it doesn't use power just to keep the brake on. There is an actuator that activates a physical brake mechanism that sits inside the rear wheels, instead of the traditional cable. It's only using power for a few seconds right after you hit the switch. This is a common feature on new cars, my previous car had one as well.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
209 Posts
the EPB yellow light soon goes out on it's own, not sure how quick but probably like any of the electric system (like lights etc) that maybe on that turn off automatically (usually after 30 seconds if set that way) (I'll try to remember to watch for it next time I turn the car off). I know it's never on when I get back in the car when parked overnight even though I've never touch the EPB switch.
Interesting. If i do not disengage the pking brake, and let it do its thing, when i stsrt the vehicle it is lit up until i disengage it or press the throttle to auto disengage. Hmmm

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
224 Posts
Correct but the light does go off after a while and comes back on after start
Agree. Some of the posts seem to confuse whether the light and or brake stays on. I'm sure the brake stays on, but as you said -not the light. I don't know exactly how it works, but as Quix said, I don't think it is using any power after the car is turned off.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,080 Posts
Interesting. If i do not disengage the parking brake, and let it do its thing, when i start the vehicle it is lit up until i disengage it or press the throttle to auto disengage. Hmmm
I was talking about when you you park the car and turn it off.

Reactions: KAB
21 - 25 of 25 Posts