Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
cx-30, awd, 2021
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Every time I drive I get a hear a single 'knock' sound coming out from the car. It seems to be some alert but it has happened without any cars near me while driving slow in a parking lot, while driving on the road. Sometimes it happens many times in a row. I have ruled out phone connectivity/Bluetooth issues (it is only paired to one phone but the sound happens even if the phone is not present in the car).

Here is a link with a couple of videos of the sound: Mazda cx-30 mystery alert sound

I drive a 2021 cx-30 tech turbo. I don't have anything else extra like dash cams or accessories besides what came in.

Edwin

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Thank you for the videos. I haven't heard that sound on my CX-30

It might help if you added "2021 cx-30 tech turbo" to your vehicle details, as the sound may be model-specific.

You've established that the sound is unlikely to be linked to the phone, but have you investigated if it depends on what features you have enabled on the car? (cruise control / lane departure warnings etc)?

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto Deep Crystal Blue
72 Posts
Thank you for the videos. I haven't heard that sound on my CX-30

It might help if you added "2021 cx-30 tech turbo" to your vehicle details, as the sound may be model-specific.

You've established that the sound is unlikely to be linked to the phone, but have you investigated if it depends on what features you have enabled on the car? (cruise control / lane departure warnings etc)?

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 GT Sport Tech Skyactive X Auto Deep Crystal Blue
72 Posts
I had exactly the same problem, dealer tried to resolve it three times without success. I cured it myself after hours of experimenting. I think you will find the problem lies with your Sat Nav. card.
Remove it and put into your computer, find the drive letter in explorer, go to properties, then tools, error checking, check and and repair, but even if it says you don't need to check this drive, go ahead and scan and repair drive. I believe this will solve your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.