Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Update your profile.
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my Evolve (one up from the base model in Australia) yesterday. I had to drive to the city (80 klms) to drop off my trade (2015 Honda HRV) and pick up my new car. I must say it was a stressful drive home. I was on edge waiting for lights and sounds of my new 'smart' car. Half way home I drove through a torrential downpour and was almost driving blind for 10 minutes or so. Then I was passed by big trucks (semis or lorries) who splashed road grim on my nice Snowflake white car!

I've been watching heaps of Youtube videos on the features of my CX30 trying to get a handle of everything it has to offer. Obviously still early days but so far my only disappointment is the rear vision via the back window. I've have to say my HRV was way better. Also not sure about the vision from side mirrors but I'm sure I will get used to them.

I have a question that perhaps has already been asked and answered but here goes. I paid a bunch of money to have my Honda paint and upholstery protected. I'm not sure it made a difference. I'm thinking about a DIY option for the upholstery (black fabric). I thought I would just Scotchguard the seats ( I assume Scotchguart is an international product). What have others done to protect their fabric seats?

Lastly, this is just an observation and again someone has probably already pointed this out but don't you think the front of the car looks like an 'angry bird'?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
284 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your new ride. 25 000 km here and no vision problems.

Angry Bird...no way she is beautiful😉

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
Welcome to CX30Talk. Thanks for posing an introduction and congratulations on your new ride - even if your first drive was rather stressful.

Please take a moment and update your profile like this:
  1. Go to top right, click on your avatar then click on Account Settings
  2. Then in Location field, enter your ‘Location’ (The town and country you live in).
  3. In Vehicle Details: enter your CX-30 details.
  4. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Save
If you are new to forums, or the format of this forum, then read our introduction here.
For reference, here are our Forum Rules

The main areas of the forum are shown here with a short explanation of how they are used:
There are many other forums all of which can be seen by clicking on the Forums icon to the left of your Avatar.
If you want the latest posts on the forum, click on the New icon to the left of the Forums icon.
Look across the banner at the top and you'll see three vertical dots on the right. Click there for fast access to the forum sections

Above all - enjoy yourself.

Martin (Administrator)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts