Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2021 CX-30 Premium. Love it but it did not have the frameless Homelink mirror.
Found the Auto-Dim/Homelink Frameless mirror on EBAY.
Part number I ordered: BCKAV721A. Cost $249
My CX-30 had the autodim mirror already but no Homelink.
When my new mirror arrived it came with instructions and a plug that could be hard-wired into a plug in the A-Pillar.
Since I had the autodim already, I was hoping the current plug was also wired for the Homelink.
Followed directions and removed the original mirror.
Basically tells you to remove the plastic cover concealing the mirror base and sheltering the sensors.
Easy just needed a plastic removal tool, wedged it into the longer part of the cover, slight twist and the cover popped off.
Now I can see the mirror base. Instructions also tell you to remove the sensor display module, I did not remove it.
You have the twist the mirror mount 60 degrees counterclockwise. Tried it with my hands but no luck, easily came off with a set of pliers.
I unplugged the connector coming from the original mirror.
I plugged my new mirror in and turned on the CX and my Homelink lite up.
Turned car off and aligned mirror as directed and turned 60 degrees clockwise by hand and it clicked into place.
It takes a firm grip after correct alignment but will turn and clip into place.
Installed two plastic covers, easy and programmed my Homelink.
If you already have autodim feature this is an easy install and well worth it in my opinion.
If no autodim, you can still install the Homelink mirror but you have to tap into three wires in the A-Pillar.
Good luck, ask if you have any questions.

·
Registered
CX-30 AWD, 2000 Millenia & 2006 Mazda3
78 Posts
If no autodim, you can still install the Homelink mirror but you have to tap into three wires in the A-Pillar.
Slightly off topic: Could those three wires be used to power a dashcam or radar detector that would power down when the car was killed? Maybe someone has already covered this?

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they could. One is ground, one constant 12 volts and the other switched 12 volts.
See attached instructions on where the wiring is located.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus, Deep Crystal Blue Mica
16 Posts
I have a 2021 CX-30 Premium. Love it but it did not have the frameless Homelink mirror.
Found the Auto-Dim/Homelink Frameless mirror on EBAY.
Part number I ordered: BCKAV721A. Cost $249
My CX-30 had the autodim mirror already but no Homelink.
When my new mirror arrived it came with instructions and a plug that could be hard-wired into a plug in the A-Pillar.
Since I had the autodim already, I was hoping the current plug was also wired for the Homelink.
Followed directions and removed the original mirror.
Basically tells you to remove the plastic cover concealing the mirror base and sheltering the sensors.
Easy just needed a plastic removal tool, wedged it into the longer part of the cover, slight twist and the cover popped off.
Now I can see the mirror base. Instructions also tell you to remove the sensor display module, I did not remove it.
You have the twist the mirror mount 60 degrees counterclockwise. Tried it with my hands but no luck, easily came off with a set of pliers.
I unplugged the connector coming from the original mirror.
I plugged my new mirror in and turned on the CX and my Homelink lite up.
Turned car off and aligned mirror as directed and turned 60 degrees clockwise by hand and it clicked into place.
It takes a firm grip after correct alignment but will turn and clip into place.
Installed two plastic covers, easy and programmed my Homelink.
If you already have autodim feature this is an easy install and well worth it in my opinion.
Thanks for the very helpful post. I need to remove the Homelink mirror cover to install a Dongar USB adapter, to power a dashcam. I have Tresalto panel removal tools, but I am worried about breaking the cover. I can get a tool in the joint below the lighted indicators. Is that the right place to start? I am afraid to apply force. Would you please tell me exactly where you inserted the removal tool and the steps to popping off the covers? Thanks. I appreciate any help you can provide.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus, Deep Crystal Blue Mica
16 Posts
Here is a photo of the power connector on a CX-30 with Homelink. I have identified the white release tab. Push the tab down to separate the two halves of the connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts