Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I found a switch on the hood latch on my cx30 premium 2020 usa, but I can't figure out how it works. When the hood is open, there is no display on the dash. I'm wondering what it's for?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,364 Posts
photo........

·
Registered
1 Posts
I still can't get a clear reason from the dealer why the engine stops when you open the door, after using the remote start on the Mazda app. They said for safety. If the car is running while it's locked and I have the key fob what am I missing?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,364 Posts
Here the photos
thanks now I know what that is. You must have had the front end of the car taken off when you took the photos.

Here's my view of the hood latch area
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I still can't get a clear reason from the dealer why the engine stops when you open the door, after using the remote start on the Mazda app. They said for safety. If the car is running while it's locked and I have the key fob what am I missing?
A needless quirk put in place by some automakers. A solution looking for a problem.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I'm going to bet that you have never been under the hood of a car when someone hit the remote start button on another key fob.
You are correct I haven't. It is impossible unless an incorrect install has been performed or someone bypassed the safety.
All vehicles I have owned with remote starters, will/would not start the engine with the remote and the hood open.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
282 Posts
You are correct I haven't. It is impossible unless an incorrect install has been performed or someone bypassed the safety.
All vehicles I have owned with remote starters, will/would not start the engine with the remote and the hood open.
Exactly, and that is one of the reasons for that switch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, say someone walks by, notices the car is running, manages to jimmy to door open with a slim jim and drives off. That might explain why the engine stops when you open the door.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
There are other proven methods to disable a remotely started vehicle if entry were made. Forcing the driver to use the vehicles starter two times for every remote start is completely unnecessary.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Forcing the driver to use the vehicles starter two times for every remote start is completely unnecessary.
With concerns about fuel prices, CO2 emissions, pollutants and every other reason that just letting the car sit is and idle is bad for it, the same could be said about remote start system itself.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
With concerns about fuel prices, CO2 emissions, pollutants and every other reason that just letting the car sit is and idle is bad for it, the same could be said about remote start system itself.
If one was to start the car and let it just sit and idle, it may be a concern.

Maybe Mazda shouldn't have offered a remote starter or they could have limited the run time to 60 seconds or so, if it is so bad for the car.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Maybe Mazda shouldn't have offered a remote starter or they could have limited the run time to 60 seconds or so, if it is so bad for the car.
Like any other manufacturer they are going to try to offer what the majority of owners want. It's true that a lot of owners want remote start, that doesn't mean having and using it are in their best interests for long term ownership.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts