Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most cars today don't need an elaborate break-in. Mazda doesn't have a very specific one.

As soon as I drove it off the lot, with 30 miles on it, I took it on the highway and put it into manual mode. From there I gave it several 80% throttle runs in 4th/5th gear up to 4k rpms and let it engine break. I also did one full WOT, which was actually by mistake. I now have 71 miles on it and will drive it normally the next few hundred miles.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
95 Posts
Most cars today don't need an elaborate break-in. Mazda doesn't have a very specific one.

As soon as I drove it off the lot, with 30 miles on it, I took it on the highway and put it into manual mode. From there I gave it several 80% throttle runs in 4th/5th gear up to 4k rpms and let it engine break. I also did one full WOT, which was actually by mistake. I now have 71 miles on it and will drive it normally the next few hundred miles.
I've never heard of anyone doing this nor would I do this on my personal vehicle. Seems very aggressive.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've done a lot of research on engine break-ins. I fall into the early moderate load camp to help seat the rings.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think around 1k miles. On my previous 2015 3 with the 2.0, I changed the factory oil out at 4k. Going with Mobil 1 0w20 Extended Performance.

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
95 Posts
I think around 1k miles. On my previous 2015 3 with the 2.0, I changed the factory oil out at 4k. Going with Mobil 1 0w20 Extended Performance.
My "plan" as of now is to use either Zepro 0W-20 with moly or Mazda GF-5 in the CX-30, at least initially. The Idemitsu Zepro with moly, at least from what I've been reading, is the oil that our engines come with. I'm a bit undecided on whether or not to change the oil early vs the recommended 10K intervals. There are many that think removing the initial fill early is a good idea to get rid of any metal debris floating around. There are also many that think leaving the oil until the recommend interval is just fine. My thought.....is that if you are replacing the oil with the same oil that your vehicle came with, vis a vis "break-in" oil, swapping it out early, whatever "early" looks like for you, is not a bad idea. And if you're conducting your own oil changes, you know exactly what's going back in your engine vs even taking it to Mazda.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts