Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

Would you get another CX 30?

• Absolutely

• See what's on the market at that time.

• Need something bigger but want another Mazda

• Leave the brand for something else.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey CX 30 team 🙂 mine just hit 8,750 km as of today and I thought we could all share our so far experiances with whatever currently you guys have for mileage and perhaps the first thing that comes to mind. Two weeks ago mine went in for its 8k inspection service and the dealership told me I'm good till 16k for a oil change and odly enough told me also that I didn't need a tire rotation as they are all weraing the same and it will be done at the oil change service. Happy hump day y'all feel free to share pics as well 🙂 skyactiv G whoot whoot haha. Have fun!

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT AWD - Soul Red Crystal
134 Posts
1700 KM
I had to factory order way back in February. Didn’t pick up my CX30 until May due to the pandemic.

Love the colour, style, quiet cabin during drive, premium interior,
Full safety suite.

Things that irk - Easy to scratch surfaces and plastics used. Slight vibration of drivers side mirror.

I’ve only seen one other CX30 in my city. It’s nice to have a unique new car for awhile.
🚗

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I got Luckey as I ordered mine factory direct near the end of December and I waited a month and the dealership gave me a loaner CX 5 for a month to drive 🙂 and my neighbor just for one to in the exact same color but I was the first one to get a cx-30 in my entire city haha.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
369 Posts
We picked out CX30 up at the end of January.. done a collosal 1850 miles since...( My wife drives it mostly) mostly due to my wife home working due to covid19... but we get out a bit more now and still love the car... Mpg is the same as our old cx3 42-45 mpg around town.and got 57mpg on a run on A roads the other week...Treating the cx30 to a full strip off of all wax and polishing her up in Zaino at the weekend 👌😎

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 SkyactivX GT Plus FWD AT - Polymetal Grey
40 Posts
Got past 3000 kms last week. Pulled into the hotel's parking lot and "abandoned" it there. I see it through the fence from time to time. It's the only one so far :)

Love: shape, Led Matrix headlights, interior, colour
Hate: scratchy paint, weak A/C, single 12V socket

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
122 Posts
Last weekend was the first weekend I really got to "drive" apart from shop visits. Love driving it.

Just got to halfway through the first tank of fuel at around 150ish miles, mixed driving some on A roads some on small runs so its done all from inner city traffic through to stretching up to ~ 70MPH for small spells. Its been as high as 43 MPG average with resets to see what its doing from about 21 MPG when starting off or, ahem, driving spiritedly in manual mode.

Love the design, equipment, interior, colour and driving style - I loved my CX5 but this is far more involving - the auto box, yes I know controversial but drive in southern UK traffic - I find to be great with the manual shift and paddles being fun and the sport mode giving a bit more welly when not in stop start traffic, the auto cruise control is wondrous with the auto box and i-stop.

Economy not run in yet and already hitting 43MPG+ in city where my CX5 which was well run in was doing up to 27ish. Parking is far easier than it was in my CX5 especially with the 365 camera.

Headlights are fantastic, i love the auto beams on this car when driving up unlit a roads at night, it just takes one more thing away from having to be fiddled with.

Anything I dont like, mmm yes but nothing huge.

The back is smaller than I'd like (not that I get in it), the lack of USB sockets in the back seems a weird omission as does the lack of a 12v socket in the boot, that's a very odd one to skip and a little bit of a pain when hoovering out the boot etc but not a deal breaker. The A/C is about the same as my CX5 was so no big issues there although its slightly fiddlier setting the vents due to their angle from my big old head.

Doubtless other bits will shake out as I go but nothing yet :)

·
Registered
23 Posts

Around 600 miles in thee weeks on mostly country roads, averaging 28.5 mpg. Here, shown parked by a tobacco field in Person County, NC on a newly resurfaced road. The black paving and freshly striped paint make for some nice reflections. Kodo design language for the win! NB: The car had run through about 30 minutes of rainy roads in traffic two days before. I cleaned the windows, but did not wash the paint. Evidently, all the surface prep and application of products rendered the surface so glassy-slick, not much sticks.
Really like this car and have ZERO buyers remorse. When I think that I've had a certificate of deposit for the price of the Macan I'd been lusting for since '15, I'm feeling pretty good about all the stuff that comes standard on a car that looks great and handles so well for the class that I'm constantly thinking, "...Car shouldn't be handling this well for a US $30K CUV." G-force vectoring is wonderful. Interior materials, fit and finish are head and shoulders above all competition at the price. Great visibility and seating position, once dialed in. Power is all I need to get the job done. No-touch screen is great...(no fingerprints!). Those headlights...LED's AND adaptive? And I have to admit to like not seeing myself at every stoplight: CRV, HRV, Subies, whatever the Toyota competition is...
Only major nit to pick is transmission of hard bumps and depressions right up my lower back. Minor nits: Having to reach for the tiny rear door unlock after opening front door via handle. Why not open the rears after a double pump or something? Bose system is underwhelming. I'm hoping the speakers require a break-in period before sounding their best.
But honestly, outside of ventilated seats, there isn't much I believe is lacking. If this car is as reliable as most Mazdas, it's going to be a nice ride.
PS: Maybe start a thread on creative reflections off of the doors?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
View attachment 674

View attachment 675
Around 600 miles in thee weeks on mostly country roads, averaging 28.5 mpg. Here, shown parked by a tobacco field in Person County, NC on a newly resurfaced road. The black paving and freshly striped paint make for some nice reflections. Kodo design language for the win! NB: The car had run through about 30 minutes of rainy roads in traffic two days before. I cleaned the windows, but did not wash the paint. Evidently, all the surface prep and application of products rendered the surface so glassy-slick, not much sticks.
Really like this car and have ZERO buyers remorse. When I think that I've had a certificate of deposit for the price of the Macan I'd been lusting for since '15, I'm feeling pretty good about all the stuff that comes standard on a car that looks great and handles so well for the class that I'm constantly thinking, "...Car shouldn't be handling this well for a US $30K CUV." G-force vectoring is wonderful. Interior materials, fit and finish are head and shoulders above all competition at the price. Great visibility and seating position, once dialed in. Power is all I need to get the job done. No-touch screen is great...(no fingerprints!). Those headlights...LED's AND adaptive? And I have to admit to like not seeing myself at every stoplight: CRV, HRV, Subies, whatever the Toyota competition is...
Only major nit to pick is transmission of hard bumps and depressions right up my lower back. Minor nits: Having to reach for the tiny rear door unlock after opening front door via handle. Why not open the rears after a double pump or something? Bose system is underwhelming. I'm hoping the speakers require a break-in period before sounding their best.
But honestly, outside of ventilated seats, there isn't much I believe is lacking. If this car is as reliable as most Mazdas, it's going to be a nice ride.
PS: Maybe start a thread on creative reflections off of the doors?
Let me start by saying i absolutely love your color choice ! I leased mine btw and its my first time leaseing and I want to get the color you have next time around :) I had no choice basically but to vehicle shop as i came from a 2017 Nissan Rouge sport and had it for 2 years only at 25,457 miles and owned it from brand spanking new and yes it was the lime green color lol. Il tell you the storey on why i no longer have it and no didnt get into a accedent ever with it. It Had so much warrenty work done on it i couldnt belive it right from 4,970 miles . The majour issues that i had with it was front struts after it hit just one year old needed to be replaced along with a stalling issue that took 6 months for the dealership to fix and im a pretty easy going person and worked at the dealership years before and left on good terms. anyhow fast track to year 2 the CVT transmission started to make a horrid weeee hight pitched noise and started to act differently and make a harsh clink noise and feel when slowing down to a stop so i brought it the dealership and my service advisor went out for a ride with me and was slightly alarmed as he couldhear and feel it as well and made note of it and booked it in for the following day. So i go about my day and took the dog to a wilderness park/tree farm and as i am leaving i merge onto the highway which has a incline up the bridge and in the far distance a transport truck is coming but more then enough room to get up to speed start going and then suddenly total power loss like it was in nutreral but is not and i panic and floor it ... nothing just a very low drone from the engine as it is trying to rev up and then i look in my reearview mirror to see the transport screeching to slow down as i am brealy gaining any more speed and i couldnt see anything more behind me just transport truck he got so close after about 1.5 minute trying to figure what what is going on and i had to swerve to the side as fast i this stupid nissan would allow me. really shaken up its also the day of the appointment for it and the tech said well there are no codes stored in the computer and we cant put warrenty work in because of that.. i was beyond frusterated and they said oh and also there are some things that need attention that we noticed that are covered under warrenty .. me huh! ? i was just on here for service 2 weeks ago so long storey short i took my losses and traded the garbage thing in and leased my cx-30 and i Really like it allot everything right down to how the build quality feels. I think i made this long enough lol so i wont go over every little thing i like and small gripes on the cx 30 which are basically what everyone else is saying side mirror vibrations.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm generally pretty happy with the car. Minor quibbles include:

• Crappy new key fob design
  • Prolific use of piano black plastic inside and out, which is hard to keep clean and extremely susceptible to scratching.
  • Minor ripples on the exterior plastic cladding.
  • Resonance (rattle) in the sunroof sliding shade cover when negotiating poorer road surfaces (dealer has only partly fixed this).
  • Sunglass holder too small for most fashion sunglasses.
  • Rain sensing wipers not sufficiently sensitive to rain conditions.
  • Sunvisor detaches from retainer during use which is dangerous.
  • Sport mode holds on to gears a little too long; could have been better calibrated.
  • AC a bit weak.
  • Front Cross Traffic Alert (which is available on higher end Australian/NZ cars) sounds the alert only after another vehicle has passed across a T junction, which renders it rather pointless!
  • Engine a bit whiny under acceleration.
  • Cannot permanently switch off i-stop; or permanently switch on autohold. Switch mode resets when you next turn on ignition.
  • No USB port(s) in the rear.
  • Poor arm rest opening design confuses all new drivers, with the result that the mechanism is prone to breakage if multiple people drive the car. Just watch nearly all reviewers struggle with it!
  • No ski hatch for longer items; can't fold down seats without pushing front seats well forward (or removing rear headrests).
  • Excessive nanny beeping when belt off or door open even when vehicle is stationary; Mazda could have taken a more 'adult' approach that only alerted driver to genuinely dangerous behaviour.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
202 Posts
I'm generally pretty happy with the car. Minor quibbles include:

• Crappy new key fob design
  • Prolific use of piano black plastic inside and out, which is hard to keep clean and extremely susceptible to scratching.
  • Minor ripples on the exterior plastic cladding.
  • Resonance (rattle) in the sunroof sliding shade cover when negotiating poorer road surfaces (dealer has only partly fixed this).
  • Sunglass holder too small for most fashion sunglasses.
  • Rain sensing wipers not sufficiently sensitive to rain conditions.
  • Sunvisor detaches from retainer during use which is dangerous.
  • Sport mode holds on to gears a little too long; could have been better calibrated.
  • AC a bit weak.
  • Front Cross Traffic Alert (which is available on higher end Australian/NZ cars) sounds the alert only after another vehicle has passed across a T junction, which renders it rather pointless!
  • Engine a bit whiny under acceleration.
  • Cannot permanently switch off i-stop; or permanently switch on autohold. Switch mode resets when you next turn on ignition.
  • No USB port(s) in the rear.
  • Poor arm rest opening design confuses all new drivers, with the result that the mechanism is prone to breakage if multiple people drive the car. Just watch nearly all reviewers struggle with it!
  • No ski hatch for longer items; can't fold down seats without pushing front seats well forward (or removing rear headrests).
  • Excessive nanny beeping when belt off or door open even when vehicle is stationary; Mazda could have taken a more 'adult' approach that only alerted driver to genuinely dangerous behaviour.
I think your list would have been way shorter if you actually put what you do like about the car 😂😂

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think your list would have been way shorter if you actually put what you do like about the car 😂😂
lol when i first read the notifacation i thought that you wher talking about me LMAO but even tho you arent i just wanted to say i made that post to share what got me into the cx-30 and its sad how many car makers think that the cvt is such a fantastic thing/

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
202 Posts
lol when i first read the notifacation i thought that you wher talking about me LMAO but even tho you arent i just wanted to say i made that post to share what got me into the cx-30 and its sad how many car makers think that the cvt is such a fantastic thing/
💋💋💋

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just detailed her good yesterday with tire shine and clean tires and rims .. gets me every time the way it shines with the ceramic coating and the way it looks I may be OCD with keeping it looking like I just got it yesterday but I take pride in her 😁

·
Registered
122 Posts
Question, what are people using to clean the wheels on your cars, I have the full pack I got as part of the care kit on my mazda safeguard pack but do you guys rinse / foam then apply something and clean by hand and if so what with, these alloys have more nooks and crannys than my CX5 or my Golf before, wondering the best way to keep all the crud out?!

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
369 Posts
I use..but Hamber on wheels and as a fallout remover on the paintwork

And protect with

Works for me.😎👌

·
Registered
122 Posts
I shall have a good look at those thanks.

Will be getting new wash buckets and grit filters this weekend as my old ones are looking a bit worn and I don't want to risk the old filter trap as we moved and it got chucked into the garage pile with goodness knows what else!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Question, what are people using to clean the wheels on your cars, I have the full pack I got as part of the care kit on my mazda safeguard pack but do you guys rinse / foam then apply something and clean by hand and if so what with, these alloys have more nooks and crannys than my CX5 or my Golf before, wondering the best way to keep all the crud out?!
So for the wheels and tires I use chemical guys Diablo and a soft wheel brush and for washing which I tend to be OCD lol and wash it once a week and so I use two bucket wash method and chemical guys Mr pink and if bugs have a harder time comming off of the front number cirrus wash and gloss foam the front and I I do first wet the CX 30 down well firstly then hit it with foam cannon with Mr pink .. let it dwelm and flow off to pull lose dirt and contaminates off then a microfiber Chanel wash mit one section at a time rinsing in my rinse bucket against the one grit guard.. wring it out and back into the wash bucket for the next panel .. then rinse at the end and I always wash top to bottom and wheels and tires firstly 🙂

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So my latest purchase for mine a really good set of winter tires.. michalin x-ice 3 s 🙂 winters here are terrible and I can't wait to throw these on and feel the i-active AWD system work. Total cost from the dealership for the package with the rims and labor $1400 with taxes.. no tpm sensors tho as I don't need them in the winter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
<<Let me start by saying i absolutely love your color choice ! I leased mine btw and its my first time leaseing and I want to get the color you have next time around :) >>

Well, truth told, at the end of June, the local inventory for the Premium trim was pretty slim, even more so when a white interior would not be a wise choice here in red clay country. So, a bit of Hobson's choice. When they rolled out the polymetal gray (9 miles on the ODO), which had been sitting on the lot since February, it looked REALLY s****y, so much so that I gave it a bath the morning after my all day test drive. Wow! This has potential. If there were a machine gray on offer, I' may have opted for that...

...But that Nissan Rogue anecdote. What a nightmare, exactly like those dreams when you're pursued by bad things and are stuck in the mud or something and can't escape. Holy cow! How do you spell PTSD? No wonder Nissan profits are tanking.

Have driven Saab turbo for 17 years, never had a problem with that cast iron "6," and thought I'd never drive anything else. Minimal lag and like a warp jump between 55 and 80. Pleasantly surprised at the direct response in the CX-30. Haven't had the need to scoot out of a tricky situation on the freeway, yet. CVT? driven all variants in rentals, including Nissans. No way. Kia/Hyundai kinda do it as well as possible, though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<<Let me start by saying i absolutely love your color choice ! I leased mine btw and its my first time leaseing and I want to get the color you have next time around :) >>

Well, truth told, at the end of June, the local inventory for the Premium trim was pretty slim, even more so when a white interior would not be a wise choice here in red clay country. So, a bit of Hobson's choice. When they rolled out the polymetal gray (9 miles on the ODO), which had been sitting on the lot since February, it looked REALLY s****y, so much so that I gave it a bath the morning after my all day test drive. Wow! This has potential. If there were a machine gray on offer, I' may have opted for that...

...But that Nissan Rogue anecdote. What a nightmare, exactly like those dreams when you're pursued by bad things and are stuck in the mud or something and can't escape. Holy cow! How do you spell PTSD? No wonder Nissan profits are tanking.

Have driven Saab turbo for 17 years, never had a problem with that cast iron "6," and thought I'd never drive anything else. Minimal lag and like a warp jump between 55 and 80. Pleasantly surprised at the direct response in the CX-30. Haven't had the need to scoot out of a tricky situation on the freeway, yet. CVT? driven all variants in rentals, including Nissans. No way. Kia/Hyundai kinda do it as well as possible, though.
lol PTSD is about right haha was the worst vehicle i have ever had paid just about 30 grand for it and it was in great shape otherwise and always at the dealership for service and never missed any serviceing and my dealer has both nissan and mazda at two different locations and the nissan side offered me a low ball of 13,000 I got right pissed as its two years old and low km of 41,000 and threataned to contact the dealership owner/manager as he knows me very well and they ended up wholesaled it to someone out of the city and i 16,100 at least considering this is my 4th vehicle from them haha the owner dosent want to lose me and also gave me $1000 off my lease deal so i was happy with that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts