Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that cx30's come with that little offroad button instead of a TCS off button.
With TCS(on pretty much any car on the road) you can usually hold the button for 3-5 seconds and every driving assist will turn off.
I'm talking mainly about DSC turning off and letting you do some nice slides or donuts in the snow.(I have seen mazda 3 awd do it, so.it is doable somehow).

BUT with Offroad mode, I have not found the way to turn DSC off. If you hold the button long enough, it just keeps you from using offroad mode altogether until you turn engine off.

Anyone know if you can do such a thing with CX3O or am I forever doomed to go in a straight line on fresh snow?

·
Registered
AWD GT CX-30 ceramic coated
543 Posts
Honestly the system allows for a good amount of play if you know how to drive with it .. and for th off road mode.. that is only to be used for deep snow situations like to get onto a very bad unplowed road .. iv been able to do a little drifting with mine very well and that's even with winter tires that are meant for deep snow and ice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay....but...how do you prevent the system from keeping you in a straight line?
I mean as soon as the car good.sideways, that little traction control light goes on and that's it, you're done.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Okay....but...how do you prevent the system from keeping you in a straight line?
I mean as soon as the car good.sideways, that little traction control light goes on and that's it, you're done.
First of all.. is yours AWD?? You should go into your profile and enter in the details on your CX 30 like how mine is then I can further help you better.i assume it is since you mentioned the traction assist function. I have honestly been able to do a spin out on snow that's a little deep.. little speed and the correct throttle control in sport mode and manual shift mode it will go lol now not to Bragg or anything of that matter but maybe it's because iv done allot of really racing on a many different types of tracks and weather conditions I guess what I'm trying to say in my case I'm not your average every day driver 😜 butiv figured out how to work against the stability control system in the CX 30 I would say go into a empty Large parking lot and Play around.. it's all about throttle control and knowing how the vehicle handles.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
73 Posts
I've played around with the car in a large, empty parking lot after a snowfall and it's a blast. I have AWD and when it engages (it works very nicely in the background) the car can be made to behave a bit like a RWD vehicle (steer with the throttle). Mazda's nanny software is nothing near as aggressive at it is in other manufacturers, whereby when the vehicle start to go a bit sideways the engine all but shuts down. With the CX-30, everything feels pretty natural, as if it knows you're just trying to have a bit of fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've played around with the car in a large, empty parking lot after a snowfall and it's a blast. I have AWD and when it engages (it works very nicely in the background) the car can be made to behave a bit like a RWD vehicle (steer with the throttle). Mazda's nanny software is nothing near as aggressive at it is in other manufacturers, whereby when the vehicle start to go a bit sideways the engine all but shuts down. With the CX-30, everything feels pretty natural, as if it knows you're just trying to have a bit of fun.
So my mistake is trying to deactivate stuff that don't need deactivation?
I'm used to my Chevy 4x4 and first thing you do after you turn the key is push 3 secs on that traction control button ,🤣🤣

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yah I hated Nissan's in the Nissan Qashqai that I had .. stupid as if you needed to step on it to get out quickly... As soon as there is wheel apin total throttle cut which is stupid and setting you up for a accident in a emergency situation. Where with the CX 30 it won't do that in normal mode which is exactly how they designed it according to cheif engineer for north america Dave Colman.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
73 Posts
I'm used to my Chevy 4x4 and first thing you do after you turn the key is push 3 secs on that traction control button ,🤣🤣
No, I did not bother to try and disable any traction or stability control. You should be able to get the back end to break away with the throttle.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yah leave the system in normal mode like you would driving it everyday and like I said and somebody else it's all about throttle control... Sport mode helps to is what I find. Lotta people with the Mazda 3 AWD have done spin outs on snow and the system is vertically idtical in the CX 30.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yah leave the system in normal mode like you would driving it everyday and like I said and somebody else it's all about throttle control... Sport mode helps to is what I find. Lotta people with the Mazda 3 AWD have done spin outs on snow and the system is vertically idtical in the CX 30.
They are forecasting around 20cm of snow in my area tomorrow, I'll keep you guys informed.
Thank's!

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
83 Posts
If snows in the UK I always leave my car on the drive. Not because I cannot drive in the snow, but because the majority of other drivers cannot drive in the snow. The way some people drive in the UK when snow is on the ground is scary.

·
Registered
543 Posts
If snows in the UK I always leave my car on the drive. Not because I cannot drive in the snow, but because the majority of other drivers cannot drive in the snow. The way some people drive in the UK when snow is on the ground is scary.
I strongly belive that where i am in canada that the province should make winter tires the law like it is in Quebec canada cus they make a huge diference .. iv tired with out and now with and SHIT night and day difference and a huge safety plus but yah I am very nervious when we get our first snow fall here as drivers always go to fast and then cant stop and at a stop light im always looking in the rearview mirror as iv almost been rear ended twice and i saved damage to my cx 30 by creeping forwared while they slideing with a epic look on their face of OH NO!! and i also leave room in front of me to the traffic lights so i have a good buffer gap to creep forward... stupid people in their 4x4 trucks get a big ego and then realize they cant stop LOL

·
Registered
GT Sport, Deep Crystal Blue
83 Posts
I strongly belive that where i am in canada that the province should make winter tires the law like it is in Quebec canada cus they make a huge diference .. iv tired with out and now with and SHIT night and day difference and a huge safety plus but yah I am very nervious when we get our first snow fall here as drivers always go to fast and then cant stop and at a stop light im always looking in the rearview mirror as iv almost been rear ended twice and i saved damage to my cx 30 by creeping forwared while they slideing with a epic look on their face of OH NO!! and i also leave room in front of me to the traffic lights so i have a good buffer gap to creep forward... stupid people in their 4x4 trucks get a big ego and then realize they cant stop LOL
Where I live, south coast of England, it has probably snowed less than 10 times in the last 38 years, and then it only stays on the ground for a couple of days at most. Some folks think it is good fun to drive in the snow, but unfortunately most do not have the necessary skills and if they had any sense they would stay at home. We do not have the climate to justify winter tyres.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Where I live, south coast of England, it has probably snowed less than 10 times in the last 38 years, and then it only stays on the ground for a couple of days at most. Some folks think it is good fun to drive in the snow, but unfortunately most do not have the necessary skills and if they had any sense they would stay at home. We do not have the climate to justify winter tyres.
i agree.. If you do not know how to drive in those conditions do not drive at all..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts