Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Premium AWD Polymetal Grey
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I was wondering if there is a way to listen to the radio in my CX-30 for a while without affecting the battery charge?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh btw, does your Canada GT model have any differences in or outside your vehicle? They don't have a GT model in the US.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
284 Posts
The GT is the top trim level in Canada. There are differences by country, even between Canada and the US. Are you referring to anything in particular?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Different styling or cladding on the outside? A manual transmission?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GT - Skyactive G - 2.5 L AWD
284 Posts
I believe the cladding is the only constant, I like it. No manual transmission in Canada

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No differences with the rear or taillights either? Maybe I saw one that was in Europe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, just wondering. Thanks for all the feedback. On a lighter note, when will the Canadian border be open again? I wanted to visit Niagara Falls this summer. lol

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS AWD
62 Posts
All, I was wondering if there is a way to listen to the radio in my CX-30 for a while without affecting the battery charge?
The simple answer is no---running the radio without running the engine will slowly discharge your battery and the louder you play it the quicker the battery will discharge. If you have a high quality, high power DC power source connected to your battery you can keep the battery charged up while you play your radio.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
135 Posts
Oh btw, does your Canada GT model have any differences in or outside your vehicle? They don't have a GT model in the US.
No roof rails on any trim in Canada. We have heated steering (not available on any US trims outside of the new turbo models). We have heated side mirrors. We have covered cup holders. We get backup sensors (these are also now on the US turbo models I believe).

I think that's the main differences that I can recall.

·
Registered
2021 CX30 SEL
6 Posts
With the car in accessory mode I was able to listen to the radio today for about 20 minutes before the "battery low start your engine" warning ruined the experience.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
One wonders what comes on to drain the battery in Accessory Mode. Does the AC unit remain on? Is that what's causing the drain?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Last summer I made the mistake of keeping my CX30 radio on, with engine off, while parked at a drive-in movie. I wasn't sitting inside the car, so I had the volume up (and wouldn't have seen any alert messages). By the end of the movie the car battery was dead and needed a jump to get started. It has a sub-woofer so that probably used up some extra juice too.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
705 Posts
I've listened to my radio or fooled around with the display for well over an hour at times with no warning indication, it simply goes off after 25 minutes and then I turn it back on and continue. It was the same on my previous vehicle.

Reactions: DavidP
1 - 18 of 18 Posts