Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
CX-30 e-skyactiv G 2021 Sport tech manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, had the vehicle around 10 days and generally very happy. However last 2 days after i-stop has activated at lights, the engine has not automatically restarted when attempting to move off again and had to be start by pressing the start button so have decided I may have to switch i-stop off each time I use the car until issue can be looked at. Has anyone else experienced this ?

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I've sent you a welcome PM that introduces the forum to you.

I've not experienced this at all. I have a 2020 Sport Tech SkyActiv-X. i-stop has occasionally stalled (especially when cold) when the car had low mileage on it, but now I have 3000+ miles on her she stops and starts readily. Have you reported it back to your dealer at all?

·
Registered
CX-30 e-skyactiv G 2021 Sport tech manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your reply. I should have written an introduction message like many others have.

Funnily enough I have just returned from my first longish trip (round trip of about 380 miles) over the last few days and forgot to turn off i-stop once and the same thing happened. I was impressed by the economy at motorway speeds and was getting 50-55 mpg most of the time but I do find the leather type seats uncomfortable. I do mainly short journeys so have been getting only around 35 mpg round the doors.

As regards the issue itself I have not spoken to the Mazda dealer yet. I bought the car from a Volvo dealer as the first owner had traded it in after only 3 months and 900 miles on the clock. I was slightly concerned about this before I decided to buy it. I am going to see if any other issues pop up and get in touch with the Mazda dealer shortly. The issue does seem to happen when the engine is cold and I must admit I stalled the car a few times in the first week or so but put that down to having recently driven smaller cars with turbo-charged engines.

If I get any information from the dealer I will pass it on.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
It's funny - my CX-30 was also 3 months old when I bought it - but only 700 miles on the clock. The previous owner could no longer manage the manual version following surgery and switched to an Auto version.

Good MPG on the motorway!! I was mainly on A-roads, so more speed variations than you, I expect.

Good luck when you speak to Mazda.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.