Registered
CX-30 G122 AT Comfort Machine Grey
129 Posts

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
126 Posts
Afternoon

theres no official way of doing it but if the AC is on max or the heating is on past a certain point I believe its not available, if you go to the power flow screen in the system information you'll see the i-stop ready graphic showing AC - battery and engine, all 3 must be ready for istop to engage.

Out of interest why dont you like it?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium FWD in Machine Gray Metallic
56 Posts
Had to Giggle that up; my US model doesn't do that. I'm told it reduces to 2 cylinders when stopped but I don't notice it. The new Ford Escape has this feature and was one of the things that disqualified it in my search. Though after driving the CX-30, my decision was made.

·
Registered
2020, CX-30 Sports Tech SkyActiv-X - Machine Grey
126 Posts
Ah interesting, I found it a lot smoother than the istop in my cx5 was but totally understand your thoughts here.

·
Registered
SE-L Lux SkyActiv G
63 Posts
I saw a fix on a Mazda 3 forum to disconnect the bonnet security switch which will disable iStop

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-G 2.0 M Hybrid Vision Plus AT
50 Posts
Would this do the trick on CX-30? Maybe it deactivate the CD also.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would this do the trick on CX-30? Maybe it deactivate the CD also.

Thanks for the reference but its about a 2018 Mazda 3. My CX30 does not have the switch under the hood they are talking about.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
143 Posts
Ah interesting, I found it a lot smoother than the istop in my cx5 was but totally understand your thoughts here.
What you mentioned about the smoothness in comparison with CX-5 is the result of a combination of SKYACTIVE X engine with MHEV system. CX-5 doesn't have any of these. I don't want to bore you with the technicalities but the Li-ion battery in the MHEV plays a significant role in the i-STOP operations through the Integrated Starter Generator (ISG), which kind of, helps the engine when it cuts off and starts again creating the smoothness you mentioned. This is, in particular noticeable on manual gearboxes. I still hate it and always switch it off. However, as everything else, this is a matter of personal preference. For me the the fuel savings and emission reductions appear to be negligible. I get the same average fuel consumption on my cars without i-STOP as with it being utilised. Personally, despite every assurance from manufacturers, I still believe that i-STOP increases wear and tear of the engine, maybe not much to worry about, but I'd rather keep things simple, in particular, if there is no financial benefit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
In the UK Mazda Connected Services are not available on CX-30, but are available on MX-30 and the latest CX-5. They come as an introductory package included in the vehicle's price but after that you need to pay for subscription. I am not sure
My CX30 does not have the switch under the hood they are talking about.
How the anti theft system handles the situation if someone tries to open the hood if there is not hood switch? I do not find it either.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My CX30 does not have the switch under the hood they are talking about.
How the anti theft system handles the situation if someone tries to open the hood if there is not hood switch? I do not find it either.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Couldt it be a magnet- or capacitive sensor instead of mechanical switch in the latch? Something there is for sure because when I dropped the front hood down, some relay clicks is to be heard.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
143 Posts
Couldt it be a magnet- or capacitive sensor instead of mechanical switch in the latch? Something there is for sure because when I dropped the front hood down, some relay clicks is to be heard.
There is definitely some sort of sensor there because the car registers when the bonnet is opened and closed. I noticed it when I was investigating low battery risk warning and each instance of opening/closing the bonnet was increasing the current. I didn't bother digging into details at the time, as I presumed this was related to the anti-theft and alarm system.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Might be one but I am not going to mess with anything under the hood. I will just turn off the iStop everytime I start the car if there is no easy way to turn it off permanently.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Might be one but I am not going to mess with anything under the hood. I will just turn off the iStop everytime I start the car if there is no easy way to turn it off permanently.
So do I. This reflection on the existence of the switch was of technical interest only.
It will be very interesting to find out for myself how Mazda uses electronics

·
Registered
50 Posts
How about this:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How about this:
Interesting. About $45US. I will try ordering. At worst I will be out $45.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Interesting. About $45US. I will try ordering. At worst I will be out $45.
Well the only way to pay was by Paypal so it came to $55.99 US. Will let you know how it works when I get it installed.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I guess I will just have to turn it off everytime I start up the car as I never received the module and emailed the sender a couple times regarding the order and never got a reply. Called PayPal yesterday to start a dispute and got a refund today.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts