Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Skyactive-G 122 MT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cx-30/2.0/122 MT Mazda got louder when the engine is idling and that after only 500 miles. Anyone noticed that?
Also noticed the following sounds:
-whining/transmision-like sound when engine breaking
-Drill-like sound (droning) when accelerating above 2000 rpms

Are these sounds normal coming from a two-week old car?

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Select AWD
174 Posts
Hi Daan,

I have been experiencing the same sounds as you and I am at 700 miles (USA), except I also have vibration when accelerating above 2000 rpm.

The droning sound if there is no vibration is normal. It is the engine under load. It does not sounds the pretties but all the CX-30s i drove when i tested sounded the same, though here we have the 2.5 G not the 2.0.

The whining from the transmission I am not sure about, though there is vibration and louder sound when engine braking especially when going down hill. From my understanding that is normal.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5S Crystal Blue Mica
111 Posts
I did complain to mazda that the engine idle is too rough for a brand new engine... i should be able to put a glass of water on the engine and have very little vibration if engine is balanced right... maybe they have idle (stall) speed too low on these cars

·
Registered
174 Posts
I did complain to mazda that the engine idle is too rough for a brand new engine... i should be able to put a glass of water on the engine and have very little vibration if engine is balanced right... maybe they have idle (stall) speed too low on these cars
Agreed! It's definitely rough and loud. Though not very long, I would say for about 10-20 seconds when started mine sounds very loud on the outside and when I have seen the engine vibration during that time it seems like it might be more than it should be

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
829 Posts
The 2.0l SkyActiv-X engine does sound clattery when it first starts up, a bit like a diesel, but the sound dies away as the engine warms up. I was a bit surprised at the noise, but I understand it's a side effect of the SkyActiv-X technology.

Reactions: CaliJoe

·
Registered
174 Posts
The 2.0l SkyActiv-X engine does sound clattery when it first starts up, a bit like a diesel, but the sound dies away as the engine warms up. I was a bit surprised at the noise, but I understand it's a side effect of the SkyActiv-X technology.
I see. Good to know. Hopefully it's normal because I was considering the engine mounts as a reason for vibration, in case one or more were actually bad out of the factory

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.