Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2021 PGM PP Turbo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can only find the double tape, external mount types, but prefer the in channel mounted window deflectors. Anyone know where I can find some? Hard to believe no manufacturer has come up with any for such a popular vehicle yet.
Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
2021 PGM PP Turbo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found some on Etsy. Shipping from Bradenton, Florida and for the same price as yours, mattleics, so hopefully same ones. Thanks for the replies, guys. Will try to post up pics when I get them installed. Summer is coming!

·
Banned
2021 PGM PP Turbo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As with all window deflectors I've used before on other vehicles, there is a bit of wind noise, but not hardly noticable. They use some clever spring loaded mounting clips too, so they are very secure. Very satisfied with them for sure. Got them off Etsy, but unfortunately already deleted my email.

·
Banned
2021 PGM PP Turbo
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No. As the title says, they are the in channel type. They fit up into the channel at the top of your door that your glass slides up into when closed. They are held in place by a small bit of double stick tape, and some very cool little spring clips. Solid!

·
Registered
2021 2.5 FWD Astina
1 Posts
No. As the title says, they are the in channel type. They fit up into the channel at the top of your door that your glass slides up into when closed. They are held in place by a small bit of double stick tape, and some very cool little spring clips. Solid!
Hi Rydah and other members. I am a newbie an just registered. A senior citizen now retired. I purchased our CX30 in June. Made the mistake of having the Mazda dealer fit genuine 3M taped weather shields to each window. They look great but due to what I call a design fault the front on either side sounds like sitting alongside a wind tunnel above 80k’s. Either end of the shield is totally open with a crease in the material that creates the racket. They ruin driving a great car. They are coming off shortly.
Replacement? I am trying to avoid the 3M tape and have looked at Heko and Climair. Enormous postage costs to way down under from the UK or Germany makes Climair out of the question. HELO is available in Aust. but I have read mixed reviews. It seems the metal clips are almost impossible to fit and some have window glass scratched. They are in the minority but enough to cause an old man like me to worry particularly after the stuff up with Mazda’s own weather shield. RYDAH yours look great. Is fitting an issue at all with the glass and the shield sharing what seems like one channel? I do not want to risk damaging anything. Thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts