Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Enter your CX30 year, model and engine.
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have waited after three successive updating of my navigation system in my Mazda 2 both this car and my previous similar. Still every time I leave my house to drive out of my village “Miss Mazda” complains that I am over the speed limit when I clearly am not. Further after a few hundred yards, 60 mph is indicated in a stretch of road that has been 40ph for at least ten years. My home is in Farmborough, This happens every time I l drive through Farmborough towards Timsbury. How do I report this and to whom for a long-awaited correction?

·
Registered
Current Mazdas: 15 Mazda3, 16 Mazda2, 19 Mazda3 and 3 prior Mazdas
112 Posts
What year is your Mazda, did you buy the sd card with your car or afterwards from a source like ebay? If it is still under warranty, you can talk to the dealer.

I had a somewhat similar problem in my 16 Mazda2. The GPS was off by 500 feet or so. While this doesn’t sound like a huge problem, it was. Every time you crossed a road, it would redirect you back to the route that you were already on. The dealer wanted to replace the entire system. I went into the software and did a reset to factory settings everything was perfect. We lost all the presets, paring to phones and so on but the problem disappeared for the past 2 years.

It may not work but it is worth a try.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
719 Posts
I have waited after three successive updating of my navigation system in my Mazda 2 both this car and my previous similar. Still every time I leave my house to drive out of my village “Miss Mazda” complains that I am over the speed limit when I clearly am not. Further after a few hundred yards, 60 mph is indicated in a stretch of road that has been 40ph for at least ten years. My home is in Farmborough, This happens every time I l drive through Farmborough towards Timsbury. How do I report this and to whom for a long-awaited correction?
Welcome to the CX30Talk forum.

I'm afraid map inaccuracies (particularly regarding speed limits) are very common in all navigation systems. There isn't any one body to whom you can complain and you can only hope the maps are updated in time. I live in Wiltshire and I've noticed many roads with inaccurate speed limits shown on the map - my car thinks one road near me has a 30mph limit in one direction and 40mph in the other.

Other navigation systems (like Google Maps, Waze, TomTom etc.) also contain mistakes, so I therefore use navigation system's limits as a guide and I ignore the car telling me if I am speeding. This whole map speed limit inaccuracy is going to become very very difficult if mandatory speed limiters are fitted in future cars.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
944 Posts
info in a navigation system is a guide not an absolute guarantee of accuracy, you have to pay attention to your surroundings and adjust accordingly. Speed limits can change at any time, what your nav systems tells you won't help you in court if you are caught speeding. You have to take responsibility for your own actions.

The basis of the maps comes from this source HERE Map Creator - 2020

"
The map / navigation system that I purchased does not contain a road that I know it exists and I am certain I have the most recent map update available. What can I do?
Map Reporter is an exclusive, easy way to inform MAZDA’s map supplier HERE about changes on the roads you drive and the POIs you are interested in. Millions of people everywhere help keep HERE’s maps up-to-date using this method. With its user-friendly Web interface, you can pinpoint the exact location where a map change may be needed. Simply visit mapcreator.here.com, point, click and report changes."

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
270 Posts
I have a similar issue. A main road bordering my neighborhood is 30mph but the gps shows it 20 and marks the speedo with the red speeding lines starting at 20. There is a school and that small segment is 20mph during school zone time but the rest of the road and that segment the rest of the time are 30. I use the speed markings for entertainment as much as anything but it would be nice if they were correct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts