Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - very sorry this is likely to be a FAQ, but I'd appreciate any pointers to where I can get more information on this:

I use my phone, connected via USB, to navigate - the phone display appears on the infotainment screen in the car. Details vary depending whether I'm using CarPlay or Google Maps, but this is typical:

Output device Netbook Gadget Font Automotive exterior

Note that almost no roads are marked, but the labels do appear.
Note also that features are colored in faint pastel shades of yellow and grey, making them functionally unreadable.
This is Google Maps - CarPlay has different faults, but both have poor legibility of the display.

My question(s):
-If you are one of the fortunate people who have a great and readable navigation display in your CX-30... what app do you use, and did you have to tweak settings to make it work? If so, which? The only thing I can find is night mode.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD (red/black)
18 Posts
Android Auto, Google Maps. Works fine (even figured out that you can type in search from the phone if needed :) )

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,032 Posts
my build-in nav system gives me very clear names and street outlines, even the water looks realistic.

Reactions: Polymetal Gray

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
166 Posts
my build-in nav system gives me very clear names and street outlines, even the water looks realistic.
I agree even passengers have commented on how realistic the water images are....the glitter just like real water in sunlight

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GS 2.5L, Luxury Package, Soul Red Crystal
74 Posts
I use TomTom Go on Apple Car Play.... works really well. Offline maps, subscription is only $16 /year Canadian.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts