Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium Package
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I don't know if it's lack of knowledge on how to use this or if it's an issue. I just traded in my CX-3 for a CX-30 yesterday and found that the infotainment system on the CX-3 was easier to navigate for some reason. I'm having a couple of issues that seem pretty petty and basic and I'm not sure if there's a problem or if this is normal.

1. The seek button on my steering wheel works when playing music on my USB stick and Pandora (through Carplay) HOWEVER it's not advancing my favorites in XM Radio and it specifically states in the manual that it does... anyone else have this problem?

2. When using the Car's Built-In Navigation the guided voice (when Carplay is plugged in) mutes the music when giving directions rather than speaking over it, which is annoying when traveling on a route that has a lot of directions. Is there a setting I need to switch? Or is this because I have CarPlay in use. I know the car's navigation doesn't show on the display when CarPlay is in use which is annoying but at least it appears in the heads up display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Premium Package
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also need to add that we have a 2021 Miata and on that car we are able to open amazon music in Carplay and press the talk button on the steering wheel and ask "alexa" to play a song. On the CX-30 if we do the same thing we get a response that there isn't an integration between amazon and apple... different system?

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
376 Posts
Hi - I don't know if it's lack of knowledge on how to use this or if it's an issue. I just traded in my CX-3 for a CX-30 yesterday and found that the infotainment system on the CX-3 was easier to navigate for some reason. I'm having a couple of issues that seem pretty petty and basic and I'm not sure if there's a problem or if this is normal.

1. The seek button on my steering wheel works when playing music on my USB stick and Pandora (through Carplay) HOWEVER it's not advancing my favorites in XM Radio and it specifically states in the manual that it does... anyone else have this problem?

2. When using the Car's Built-In Navigation the guided voice (when Carplay is plugged in) mutes the music when giving directions rather than speaking over it, which is annoying when traveling on a route that has a lot of directions. Is there a setting I need to switch? Or is this because I have CarPlay in use. I know the car's navigation doesn't show on the display when CarPlay is in use which is annoying but at least it appears in the heads up display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I had similar concerns and so after seeing you post looked more closely in my owner manual….it says , on steering wheel for am fm sirius, to press and hold until you hear a beep for advancing stations not in favorites, same for vol control know. I will try it next time i am in my car. Let us know if this works for you.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
376 Posts
I had similar concerns and so after seeing your post looked more closely in my owner manual….it says , on steering wheel for am fm sirius, to press and hold until you hear a beep for advancing stations not in favorites, same for vol control knob I will try it next time i am in my car. Let us know if this works for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.