Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium, Metallic Gray
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had their infotainment system screen just turn off? The radio still seems to work underneath and if I plug my iPhone in CarPlay looks to be working etc. but the screen itself is just off. I'm hoping I've somehow turned it off rather than it's failed.

Tried holding down the mute button and I can hear it turn on and off. I've also tried the BACK+NAV+MUTE combo for 10s and no dice. It's been left for a couple days locked so not sure what else to try before contacting the dealer.

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
336 Posts
Have you tried removing be the battery negative for 1 minute... Just to see if a reboot works?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just tried that and still no luck. The music/radio underneath is still working but the screen itself is completely blank/off. Unless someone knows if there is a particular fuse for the screen I can check? I had a look at a cx30 fuse document but nothing stood out as only for the screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just tried that and still no luck. The music/radio underneath is still working but the screen itself is completely blank/off. Unless someone knows if there is a particular fuse for the screen I can check? I had a look at a cx30 fuse document but nothing stood out as only for the screen.
Yes, it happened to me today. Bought my car at the end of March and now I can't use my screen. It displays when I use the backup camera - but that's all. Any solution?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
378 Posts
the way it is described it is exactly how the "DISPLAY OFF" functions when you select it - the screen will be blank but the music will play (I was playing from my USB drive when I just tried it) and also the back-up camera will display too. Didn't try any other selections.

It's in - SETTINGS - IN-VEHICLE DISPLAY - CENTER DISPLAY - DISPLAY OFF

I got it back by, when the music is playing I just simply hit the Entertainment button and it displayed as normal, you can also just go through the HOME button too and select the appropriate feature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the way it is described it is exactly how the "DISPLAY OFF" functions when you select it - the screen will be blank but the music will play (I was playing from my USB drive when I just tried it) and also the back-up camera will display too. Didn't try any other selections.

It's in - SETTINGS - IN-VEHICLE DISPLAY - CENTER DISPLAY - DISPLAY OFF

I got it back by, when the music is playing I just simply hit the Entertainment button and it displayed as normal, you can also just go through the HOME button too and select the appropriate feature.
My DISPLAY OFF setting was okay. I did the BACK+NAV+MUTE combo and everything came back. Having intermittent problems using the Android Play app, but at least I have the screen back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reversing camera does not come up for me and the reset combo does not work. Think I’ll have to take it to the dealer to get them to have a looks. It sounds like the screen has failed somehow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts