Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD - Machine Grey Metallic
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've enjoyed a problem-free 8 months with my 2021 CX-30 GT until yesterday. Leaving work I started up the car, plugged in my phone, and as I started driving away the head unit rebooted. I thought that was strange, but it came back on so I continued driving out of the parking lot and as I did so it rebooted again. Then again about 20 seconds later. So I pulled over into another parking lot to try and figure out what was going on. Disconnected my phone and shut down the car. Started it up, just the radio on, and waited: 20 seconds later it rebooted. Powered down the head unit, waited, and powered back on. 20 seconds later it rebooted. Very strange.

I go into the navigation screen and see that it is attempting to index the map card, fails, and then restarts the system. I was also doing a quick Google search on my phone and found a Reddit thread about similar systems where someone mentions to pull the SD card, which I do. This stops the reboot cycle and everything else (radio, Android Auto, etc.) works perfectly fine all the way home.

I presume the SD card has somehow become corrupted, but I'll have to wait and see what the dealership says. Have to book her in for the two recall letters I've received anyway (Safety Recall 4621B for the liftgate unexpectedly lowering and Special Service Program SSPC5 for multiple control module reprogramming).

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD
99 Posts
That sucks. Sorry to hear that you have issues. The SD car should be an easy fix. Not sure how prone to failure they are. It also sucks that, while the cars have built in modem, Mazda does not do any updates or fixes over the air. It would be useful for 2 out of 3 of your problems.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sucks. Sorry to hear that you have issues. The SD car should be an easy fix. Not sure how prone to failure they are. It also sucks that, while the cars have built in modem, Mazda does not do any updates or fixes over the air. It would be useful for 2 out of 3 of your problems.
Yeah, the Canadian models never got the telematics system though (which is disappointing), so it wouldn't have helped. But I agree that over-the-air updates would make life easier for vehicle owners.

·
Registered
CX-30 Cosmo Skyactive-X Automatic
9 Posts
Hi there are an Service Alert No.: SA-014/21 regarding INFOTAINMENT REBOOT WITH NAVIGATION SD CARD INSTALLED, no Fix but at least the know there are a problem

·
Registered
CX-30 Cosmo Skyactive-X Automatic
9 Posts
Hi SA-014/21 have been updated with a solution for the CX-30, the dealer needs to: Reflash CMU software to version 7000C0A-NA04_12002 or later.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi SA-014/21 have been updated with a solution for the CX-30, the dealer needs to: Reflash CMU software to version 7000C0A-NA04_12002 or later.
Thanks. Do you know where to see a copy of that document?

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium Polymetal Gray Metallic
92 Posts
My CMU was updated to 12002 on April 5 for a very intermittent issue with CarPlay not connecting (definitely not a cable or phone issue). I haven’t had this issue since, but it was intermittent enough that three weeks isn’t conclusive. However, I was pleased that two changes occurred in terms of how the speed limit signs showed up in the HUD and the function of the “Favorites” button feature. I was on version 10048 before the update (car delivered to me in December of 2019) so I don’t know if these changes happened in between these two versions or with the 12002 update.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Left the CX-30 with the dealership today. They updated all of the recall notice items: Bose static noise, battery concern, MRCC, theft-deterrent system, and power liftgate. I would note that I had zero issues with any of those items in my nine months of ownership, but they have all been serviced.

The SD card now works! As mentioned in the Service Alert that TDK and Hawke so kindly mentioned and linked, they had to update the system from 11002 to 12002. The alert also mentions this is more likely if the SD card has the new map updates, which mine does. The strange thing is, it worked fine right after the map update for a week or so before exhibiting the reboot cycle, so I don't know exactly what triggers the problem in the old 11002 software version, but it worked fine for the drive home.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
Left the CX-30 with the dealership today. They updated all of the recall notice items: Bose static noise, battery concern, MRCC, theft-deterrent system, and power liftgate. I would note that I had zero issues with any of those items in my nine months of ownership, but they have all been serviced.

The SD card now works! As mentioned in the Service Alert that TDK and Hawke so kindly mentioned and linked, they had to update the system from 11002 to 12002. The alert also mentions this is more likely if the SD card has the new map updates, which mine does. The strange thing is, it worked fine right after the map update for a week or so before exhibiting the reboot cycle, so I don't know exactly what triggers the problem in the old 11002 software version, but it worked fine for the drive home.
So can I mark the thread as Resolved now?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts