Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX30 FWD Automatic Base Model White
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

We bought our 2021 CX-30 3 weeks ago. Since we want to add a roof carrier, we purchased a roof rack from Mazda and it was installed by Mazda 4 days ago. After installation, although it looks great, we noticed that outside noise can be heard from the inside and a "woooshing" sound (it sounds like the air coming in if windows are open). The sound becomes greater when increasing speed. Before installation, you can barely hear a noise inside. When I asked the Service Supervisor at Mazda, I was told it's normal due to aerodynamics. While I won't argue with that, it seems to be too much which is borderline annoying. Has anybody has the same experience? Kindly advise and any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks....

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
310 Posts
Hi All,

We bought our 2021 CX-30 3 weeks ago. Since we want to add a roof carrier, we purchased a roof rack from Mazda and it was installed by Mazda 4 days ago. After installation, although it looks great, we noticed that outside noise can be heard from the inside and a "woooshing" sound (it sounds like the air coming in if windows are open). The sound becomes greater when increasing speed. Before installation, you can barely hear a noise inside. When I asked the Service Supervisor at Mazda, I was told it's normal due to aerodynamics. While I won't argue with that, it seems to be too much which is borderline annoying. Has anybody has the same experience? Kindly advise and any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks....
I have the premium model in the US which already has the bars and I will say my car is nearly completely quiet on the highway going at high rates of speed.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
Hi All,

Is it like this with the roof carrier on or with just the roof rack? Is there any difference in these two scenarios?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the premium model in the US which already has the bars and I will say my car is nearly completely quiet on the highway going at high rates of speed.
can you measure the gap from the roof rack im having the same problem if you say yours is quiet we are doing samthing
Hi All,

i have the same problem

·
Premium Member
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Turbo Premiun, Soul Red
40 Posts
My original chrome one was quiet and my replacement black one is also quiet.
I drive the interstate every day and have no roof or window noise.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
310 Posts
can you measure the gap from the roof rack im having the same problem if you say yours is quiet we are doing samthing

i have the same problem
My car is at the dealer getting a whole headlight unit replaced discussions in another thread 😅 so I can't measure anything now maybe someone else would be able to?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hard to imagine how those crossbars are not going to not generate a lot of noise. How much gets inside may be dependent on seals but it would seem likely some of it will make it's way in.
Do you have a sunroof? That could make a difference. Glass transmits resonance frequencies much more than an insulated headliner. My only experience with this was with a Kia Rondo I purchased years ago. It had a sunroof and roof rails. With cross bars (not an entire rack) installed, very noisy. Without them, normal wind noise levels. The rails made no difference.

·
Registered
2021 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus AWD
95 Posts
I have the noise also. Before installation of the cross bars with just te roof railings it was quiet. Adding the cross bars created the noise which is to be expected. I might pick up a Yakima fairing to see if that cuts the noise a bit.

·
Registered
2021 2.5 Turbo Premium Plus AWD
95 Posts
My original chrome one was quiet and my replacement black one is also quiet.
I drive the interstate every day and have no roof or window noise.
Yes but do you have the roof rack cross bars? Or just the roof rack railings? The railings are quiet. Add the cross bars and that is where the noise comes in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts