Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone experience a glare in the instrument cluster binnacle? On my vehicle it is a straight line from full left to right and centered in the middle from top to bottom about a 1/4 inch wide (i attempted to take a pic to post here but the glare does not show in photos, oddly). I never noticed this when I test drove the vehicle as it was a cloudy day and not so pronounced, but on a sunny day, even without direct sun on the binnacle, the glare is such that nothing can be read in the glare area. (Sun glasses or not, no difference) Imo, the glare is caused by the curvature of the plastic instrument cover. If i raise or lower the seat the glare moves with me. recently, i returned to my dealer and looked at other cx30s, sat in them and all have the same glare.
i was thinking of covering it with an anti glare film of some type but do not know of anything available but would welcome suggestions. TIA

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5S Crystal Blue Mica
86 Posts
Does anyone experience a glare in the instrument cluster binnacle? On my vehicle it is a straight line from full left to right and centered in the middle from top to bottom about a 1/4 inch wide (i attempted to take a pic to post here but the glare does not show in photos, oddly). I never noticed this when I test drove the vehicle as it was a cloudy day and not so pronounced, but on a sunny day, even without direct sun on the binnacle, the glare is such that nothing can be read in the glare area. (Sun glasses or not, no difference) Imo, the glare is caused by the curvature of the plastic instrument cover. If i raise or lower the seat the glare moves with me. recently, i returned to my dealer and looked at other cx30s, sat in them and all have the same glare.
i was thinking of covering it with an anti glare film of some type but do not know of anything available but would welcome suggestions. TIA
There are threads on here regarding the instrument panel protective film. That may help. Film found on aliexpress.com under cx-30, See thread for links.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are threads on here regarding the instrument panel protective film. That may help. Film found on aliexpress.com under cx-30, See thread for links.
Thanks for the info. I checked it out but it says nothing about anti glare, just protective

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 AWD Select
4 Posts
I've had this issue as well, my only solution was to move my seat back to prevent the glare, it only happens when the sun is at a certain angle in the sky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts