Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....I was dusting my interior the other day and noticed that my plastic cover is already scratched to shit! Now I realize this plastic is made up of some of the softest plastic known to man, but this is a bit ridiculous. My guess is that some prep tech used the same dirty wet rag to wipe across the oh so delicate plastic as they used to wipe down the wheel wells for delivery. I'd have the dealer replace it, but then you run the risk of them damaging all the other things in the process. 🤬

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry to hear about your instrument cover being scratched but thanks for the heads up. I had a few rain drops that had spotted mine and I was going to wipe with a microfiber cloth but fortunately read your post first. I ended up using a cloth I use to clean my sunglasses with a bit of cleaning fluid sprayed on the wipe - looks like it did the trick without scratching but put very little pressure on it while wiping. It is a pain when manufacturers use inferior products for something you look at regularly. Scratches would drive me nuts, but your right if you asked to get it replaced, something else would likely get buggered in the process.:sneaky:

·
Registered
CX-30 Sport Lux Skyactive-X Arctic White
7 Posts
I noticed this as well it does have surface scratches easily when dusting. I was thinking about carefully sticking a layer of car wax on it... sounds silly but it should cover the hairline scratches and protect it from future ones. Since it’s on the inside out of the elements the wax should last a long time too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THAT'S....pretty bad for microfiber use. NEVER had one that scratched this easily. Looks like absolute shit in the sunlight.
20200407_123604.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I use "3M clear plastic polish" to buff it out.
What kind of success have you had with that? I've read positive things about the Meguiar's Plastic X too but am too chicken to try it. Not looking to haze the entire plastic panel.

·
Registered
2014 MX-5 PRHT, 2020 CX-30 GS FWD
7 Posts
I hand buff it (instead using polisher because of limited working area) and it works well. It's always scary on the first try but I hate looking at the scratch everyday :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts