Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 PGM PP Turbo
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, I know I can go into the menu and uncheck it, but then it just defaults back to checked whenever the car is started again. On my Honda Ridgeline, I can turn it off, and it stays off until I turn it on again. Not so on the CX-30?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah, I know I can go into the menu and uncheck it, but then it just defaults back to checked whenever the car is started again. On my Honda Ridgeline, I can turn it off, and it stays off until I turn it on again. Not so on the CX-30?
I haven't been able to find any information regarding a "permanent" default to the off position. Like you, I would prefer it to be disabled without going into the settings each restart.
I haven't found a situation where I would want it engaged. About the only thing I can think of would be heavy traffic on a two lane highway where there would be minimal to nowhere to pass.

·
Registered
2020 Premium, AWD; Soul Red Crystal
81 Posts
Why not just ignore that function? Unlike some vehicles with, let's say, Auto Stop/ Start --- which is an intrusive function, unless you choose to turn on the RCC, it does not automatically engage.

·
Registered
2021 PGM PP Turbo
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not just ignore that function? Unlike some vehicles with, let's say, Auto Stop/ Start --- which is an intrusive function, unless you choose to turn on the RCC, it does not automatically engage.
Not following. Are you saying you can use cruise without the radar cruise control?

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
161 Posts
Unfortunatly not. If we all complain about it, maybe Mazda can update the sofware to permit a permanent OFF for this MRCC that I sometime love and sometime hate.

·
Registered
2021 PGM PP Turbo
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure some folks love it, but that's not the point. Point is that it should be a choice, not forced upon you by default.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
161 Posts
If nobody complains about it, nothing gonna change, so send a letter, yes a letter because on the contact section of the Mazda Canada site, the message cannot be longer than 250 caracters - ridiculous.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
45 Posts
I'm sure some folks love it, but that's not the point. Point is that it should be a choice, not forced upon you by default.
Is there something specific about it that you are having trouble with? There are some aspects of it that I can do better myself such as when another vehicle is exiting the interstate in front of me. I feel the system doesn't recognize that the other car is sufficiently out of the way and tends to slow more than it needs to. Once I recognized that behavior I just tap the brake pedal, or manually disengage the cruise and continue on just like I would have with my car that does not have this advanced system. One thing about Advanced Drivers Assistance Systems, which are now considered safety systems they will be harder if not impossible to disable as time goes by.

·
Registered
Mazda CX-30 GS 2020
161 Posts
Is there something specific about it that you are having trouble with? There are some aspects of it that I can do better myself such as when another vehicle is exiting the interstate in front of me. I feel the system doesn't recognize that the other car is sufficiently out of the way and tends to slow more than it needs to. Once I recognized that behavior I just tap the brake pedal, or manually disengage the cruise and continue on just like I would have with my car that does not have this advanced system. One thing about Advanced Drivers Assistance Systems, which are now considered safety systems they will be harder if not impossible to disable as time goes by.
Instead of manually disengage you can also press the accelerator to override the MRCC

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
432 Posts
You can alter the sensitivity of the MRCC so that cars only affect your motion when they are closer to you, but I have not really found the system intrusive.

It's only got to have worked once to avoid a collision and it's paid for itself (and this function is one of the reasons the CX-30 is cheap to insure and has a high safety rating).

Reactions: detailcarguy

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 2.5L AWD Pearl White
45 Posts
I do that with hills, I'll have to try it on the interstate.
I got to try the suggestion of stepping on the throttle when the car is slowing excessively after someone merges into the lane in front of me, or crosses the lane to get to the exit. Lightly touching the throttle works nicely and you even see the dash icon drop the "car visible" in the instrument cluster and put the "D" in. It only takes a tiny bit of throttle to make it ignore the traffic.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 SP (Sport Plus)
280 Posts
I was driving through a horrendous rain storm yesterday and I got an alert that the front radar was inoperable so I guess it was raining so hard that the radar could not see. I would try covering up the radar eye and see if you get this message. The only problem with this is that you would also disable the front collision program.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts