Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 SP 2021
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. Im not going to relieve my source but trust me its strong.
i have some information that Mazda stopped producing cars.. and the reason for this is.. they don't have chip. yes chip.. and they say no raw material.
but... my strong information told me its a lie. many car companies will do the same too.. and give other reasons. well.. the thing is they want to sell electric cars. If you noticed that actually in 2022 or 2023 there are a lot of electrical cars coming. tbh this reminds me of marketing... actually when you go to market you buy what they want you to buy. Trust me I'm pro about this and i know what I'm talking about. You never buy what you need.. you buy what you need and buy other things as well without you realize. you realize that when you arrive home. that's the secret of marketing. i will not get into details right now. so this is what car companies will do.. well probably..

Again i want to mention that this is a kind of a rumor so but a strong one.

what do you think.. what's your opinion?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Time will tell. Myself, I don't believe this. There is no incentive for them to forgo new car sales for a year or two, to sell electric cars later. And, manufacturers are not going all electric in the short term.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 iSport - Sonic Silver
48 Posts
There is a world wide shortage of semiconductors. This is not affecting only automotive industry. For example, I work in IT and vendors are experiencing severe delays when providing devices because of this, no matter the brand, region or the type of device. If it uses semiconductors is affected in one way or another.

Not sure what started this shortage, but is affecting several industries, and is real

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 Select AWD (red/black)
18 Posts
You know... The shortage is real - but the shortage of what? My understanding is that current auto industry uses good-old chips (45-90 nm technologies which are about 15-20 year old), as a result chip manufacturers seriously hate the idea of building new factories with that much outdated tech stack. They can and willing to produce lots and lots of chips on, for example, 16nm tech level - but auto makers don't accept that offer (yet) because of various reasons (compliance/need to re-test existing lines etc). So, there is now a major "tug of war" plus production delays on the top.

On the other side, fresh car models (especially electric) can incorporate newer chips from the start - as a result they are much better protected against any chip manufacturing hiccups, since there would be other chip-makers ready to pick up various orders.

·
Registered
Mazda CX30 Century Edition
6 Posts
i have some information that Mazda stopped producing cars.. and the reason for this is.. they don't have chip. yes chip.. and they say no raw material.
but... my strong information told me its a lie. many car companies will do the same too.. and give other reasons. well.. the thing is they want to sell electric cars. If you noticed that actually in 2022 or 2023 there are a lot of electrical cars coming. tbh this reminds me of marketing... actually when you go to market you buy what they want you to buy. Trust me I'm pro about this and i know what I'm talking about. You never buy what you need.. you buy what you need and buy other things as well without you realize. you realize that when you arrive home. that's the secret of marketing. i will not get into details right now. so this is what car companies will do.. well probably..

This seems to be a worldwide chip shortage. The Opel plant in Eisenach, Germany is shutting down until end of the year for this reason and Porsche is using "dummy" chips in their new cars which will be replaced with the "real" ones once they become available again. Audi and BMW also are forced to deliver "half finished" cars to their customers until the end of the chip shortage.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 GT AWD Turbo - Build 3/21
7 Posts

Mazda has actually done quite well for producing vehicles for sale compared to others (especially North American manufacturers), even Toyota has had several weeks of shutdown due to raw material and supply chain issues.

Think about this, electric vehicles require pretty much the same microprocessors (except for engine components) but still. So the argument that this is about selling more electric cars, is total BS.

edit: To add, when car manufacturers cancelled semiconductor orders at the start of the pandemic, other buyers used up the production time with much more profitable chips. So now the chip manufacturers are more reluctant to give automakers production slots for their chips.

·
Premium Member
2021 CX-30 S 2.5L white/black
365 Posts
That good old 60's-70's (insert favorite brand here) with a set of points and a condenser is looking better and better.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,032 Posts
this may help on this subject

Reactions: McMattface

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,032 Posts
things are not very good in Canada for the automotive production "Production in Canada hasn't hit these lows since 1982"

Reactions: ThaiMeow

·
Registered
18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

Personally, I can't wait to have an electric car. The internal combustion engine, no matter how much they tweak it, will be a thing of the past in the fairly near future.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Personally, I can't wait to have an electric car. The internal combustion engine, no matter how much they tweak it, will be a thing of the past in the fairly near future.
To be fair, In the USA/Canada I still think the most efficient solution for years will be various hybrids - there is just A LOT OF SPACE here (I came to the USA 20 years ago and still amazed how much wilderness you can see around). In Europe - yes, purely electric is a winner.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Auto Machine Grey
34 Posts
New petrol/diesel/hybrid car sales will cease in 2030 here in the UK. Personally, I think ceasing new hybrids that early is a mistake. I also very much doubt that the UK charging/energy infrastructure will be anything other than an inadequate shambles when the changeover takes place irrespective of what political party is crashing around supposedly fixing it in the meantime. Subject to unforeseen issues, I predict a rush to buy new petrol cars will begin by around 2028/9. We'll probably begin to see power and charging issues etc not long after about 2035 when things will be turned around with power outages but with petrol being easy to come by 🤪 But, of course, what do I know lol

·
Registered
CX-30 GT Turbo
94 Posts
In Canada combustion engines will be banned in new cars and light trucks by 2035, I suspect it will get pushed back a bit because that's how government regulations always seem to work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts