Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Preferred Snowflake AWD
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the 4 traditional jacking points by each wheel, I was unable to locate a designated front and back jacking point. The goal is to lift both front or back wheels off the ground vs each individual wheel. Has anyone tried doing this or know what can be used as central jacking points?

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
164 Posts
I haven’t checked but there should be center jacking points.
The Mazda’s my brother has owned, had them.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX30 Soul Red Select AWD
91 Posts
There is one in the front... I saw it on a Mazda Guru video. Not sure of the exact location was a while ago. They did not mention one in the rear which I found upsetting. I am not recommending or going to try... but I assume you could use the rear diff maybe? Have seen many car people jack up the rear with the differential.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The images on this look cutoff. Can you take a look and repost or publish the link where you got this?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found the front jacking point and it's quite far back, but there isn't a designated one for the rear that I can see. I was trying to avoid lifting each wheel for the winter tires swap but I guess that might be the most straightforward option. I'd recommend a pinch weld protector if using a floor jack so as not to bend any metal.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The PDF does not specify for the CX-30 but it looks close enough. And according to this you CAN use the rear differential as a jacking point. Great information to know. Thanks PeterK.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts