Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I don't know about you, but if ~300 horse power and ~380+ ft/lbs of torque sounds like something you might like in your CX-30, may want to look into Burger Tuning.

I'm just glad someone invested in chipping/tuning the SkyActive 2.5L Turbo 🕶

Motor vehicle Font Gas Electrical wiring Electronic device

·
Registered
2021 Turbo Premium
47 Posts
I would be interested in how much of the gains are through fuel map tuning and how much are from just increasing the boost pressure.

If all they're doing is cranking up the boost super high and then adding more fuel to compensate, the engine's not going to last very long. But if it's adding only a couple more psi and the rest of the gains are from more efficient combustion, then we've got something.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a discussion from one of the developers, where he goes into the technical side, people ask tons of questions, and you can see the progress of the system as it was made:

Originally they posted:
Map 0: JB4 disabled, factory tuning
Map 1: +3psi, suitable for all pump fuels
Map 2: +4psi, suitable for 93+

I think there are 8 maps now for various levels of modification, and you can adjust boost by gear if you want.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm not sure, but I believe the highest PSI the stock turbo ever sees is 17.4 PSI -- but I don't think that's it's baseline pressure (just the peak max). Good question though, I'd like to know as well.

"The method works by sending exhaust air to the turbine through three smaller exhaust ports at low rpm, quickly creating boost pressure of up to 17.4 psi."

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did buy the piggyback system, but don't have the vehicle yet! 😂

That said, there are a number of people in the N54 forums who have installed the system, and would be a better resource than I for those questions.

·
Registered
2021 Turbo Premium
47 Posts
I'm not sure, but I believe the highest PSI the stock turbo ever sees is 17.4 PSI -- but I don't think that's it's baseline pressure (just the peak max). Good question though, I'd like to know as well.

"The method works by sending exhaust air to the turbine through three smaller exhaust ports at low rpm, quickly creating boost pressure of up to 17.4 psi."
Awesome article!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Here's a review of the JB4 that someone did on a Mazda 3. I timed about a 1 second difference in 0-60 between JB4 off and JB4 Map 2, but the guy forgot sport mode on the second pass (and started mid-turn) so probably closer to .5 or .6 second difference?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts