Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Enter your CX30 year, model and engine.
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have started having an issue getting into the Mazda since it was last serviced.

when my partner and myself get into the car (we both carry keys), at the moment we go to sit down, the doors start spontaniously opening and locking.

its incredibly rapid and the mirrors flap about and it doesnt stop until we are seated or the doors are closed.

I suspect this may be because at the last service they reset the keyless entry with only having 1 key.

I found it a little strange nobody seemed to quite report the same symptoms? but after getting accused of "mucking about with the keys" it would have been good to corroborate this bizare event with someone else having the same issue. Im going to try a few of the reset options, but neither key is currently set up for proximity opening.

thoughts?

Mike

·
Registered
2020 CX30 Touring, Vision, SnowflakeWhitePearl
41 Posts
Hi, i have started having an issue getting into the Mazda since it was last serviced.

when my partner and myself get into the car (we both carry keys), at the moment we go to sit down, the doors start spontaniously opening and locking.

its incredibly rapid and the mirrors flap about and it doesnt stop until we are seated or the doors are closed.

I suspect this may be because at the last service they reset the keyless entry with only having 1 key.

I found it a little strange nobody seemed to quite report the same symptoms? but after getting accused of "mucking about with the keys" it would have been good to corroborate this bizare event with someone else having the same issue. Im going to try a few of the reset options, but neither key is currently set up for proximity opening.

thoughts?

Mike
I'd recommend trying separately with each key individually, and note what happens (and if anything happens differently between them)... Are you saying your local Mazda accused you of "muching with the keys" when you brought it to their attention? Without specific devices it isn't easy to alter the configuration of the keys.

Also note that you are able to change the automatic and triggered door lock and mirror movement settings within the infotainment system. Maybe changing this also and noting any changes between the different keys may help?

I know for a fact even if you don't have advanced keyless entry there are still automatic proximity settings with the keys (since its a push button start vehicle), so I would advise against having both keys in the car at the same time anyway... I don't see why that is necessary?

·
Registered
Enter your CX30 year, model and engine.
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i will give it a try. it was my partner that made accusation.

we both carry a key as we work very close and leave and return to the car at different times, so its handy for us both to have access to the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.