Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 Deep Crystal Blue Mica - Premium
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there I've noticed an issue where I cannot get into the car with their proximity sensors by touching the door handle to lock or unlock the car at times. The car also has trouble Auto locking sometimes when I walk away. I checked all the settings in the radio and they are correct and I'm aware of how the features work due to I had it on my previous mazda. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would hate to have to go to the dealership is he already annoyed with me. I keep bugging them about my spare key they lost, the scratch on the door & cargo mat that never came with the car but I was charged for. & Now the key issues 😂😅. It truly is a series of unfortunate events 😞

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 AWD Soul Red, 2020 CX-30 AWD Deep Crystal Blue Mica
93 Posts
Hello there I've noticed an issue where I cannot get into the car with their proximity sensors by touching the door handle to lock or unlock the car at times. The car also has trouble Auto locking sometimes when I walk away. I checked all the settings in the radio and they are correct and I'm aware of how the features work due to I had it on my previous mazda. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?
Have you tried using the second key to see if the behavior is the same?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealership misplaced the original key I'm still waiting on that to give it a try. I only have one key at the moment 😞

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can confirm the issue. Have troubles with access by touching the door handle few times. Looks like in some conditions sensor sensivity is not enough.

Also several times I got “key error” message on engine startup. But pressing the engine start button second time solved issue.

·
Registered
20 CX-30 AWD JBM Prem
168 Posts
There has been a few occasions where I have questioned the sensitivity of the proximity sensor. Typically my wife has the fob in her possession and has been within 3'-5' of the vehicle and I am not able to unlock the doors by slipping my hand behind the door handle. She has been on the passenger side while I have been at the drivers door. Other times, no problem.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium FWD in Machine Gray Metallic
56 Posts
This is a persistent problem for me. An inconvenient convenience.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting I may have to go to the dealership.. I'm trying to stick it out though until I get the other key to give it a try.

·
Registered
CX-30 GT PLUS Skyactiv-X180 2WD Manual
2 Posts
I also have this issue, and noticed a few things.
According the manual, there are 2 sensors above each front door.

If you stand near the driver side door, you can only unlock it with that handle. My gf cant unlock the car with the passenger side door handle.
If my gf is impatient and try to open the door while the car is still locked, the keyless entry will not function (a safety thing perhaps?)
Sometimes the car will not lock if I walk out of the ~0.5m range and some other door is still open, because my partner is slow :)

I have no problems with the keyless entry on the days when im using it alone. The problems start when someone is with me :)

·
Registered
2020 Mazda CX-30 GT-AWD, Soul Red
25 Posts
I’ve discovered a few weird “features” of the keyless autolock:

1) If my wife, who has Key#2, enters the passenger side door first, the car seat adjusts for her, even though the passenger door is the one opened.

2) If the passenger leaves the car after the driver (i.e., the driver is the first to exit the car), the autolock doesn’t always work. The driver must be the last out to ensure autolock works. I just got into the habit of using the lock button on the fob.

3) You can lock yourself out of the car. If your fob is in the centre cup holder, neither door registers the fob. (Don’t ask how I discovered that.)

·
Registered
CX30 GT SPORT. A Road cyclists who drives a CX30 on the odd occasion...
369 Posts
If you and your passenger both have keys, Ive found, the driver must open the car first and must also be the last person to close the car , otherwise the car will open to the other person settings , the car will not lock on walkaway.

·
Registered
2020 CX30 G25 Astina 2.5Lt AWD
16 Posts
Agree with the above points.

1. Safer entry: If you have the fob you must open the door 1st. Guess this prevents an unknown trying to enter on the other side.
2. No Confusion: If 2 fobs are present the driver needs to open 1st to initiate the correct seat/mirror settings.
3. Range: You MUST be aware of the short range of the fob when exiting with passengers. Either wait for all doors to be closed or if you have moved out of range, press the lock button.
4. Blindspot: It appears that there are blindspots and walking away on that particular angle means the car will not lock.

I have forced myself into the habit of looking over my shoulder to see if the mirrors have turned in to be sure it has locked.

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 Premium FWD in Machine Gray Metallic
56 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. Its undependability has been an annoyance but as I don't drive it often, it hadn't reached the point of seeking service. But it's nice to know there is a fix.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would hate to have to go to the dealership is he already annoyed with me. I keep bugging them about my spare key they lost, the scratch on the door & cargo mat that never came with the car but I was charged for. & Now the key issues 😂😅. It truly is a series of unfortunate events 😞
I wouldn't worry too much about the dealer - sounds like you've got more to be annoyed about than he has! In my experience you have to push them on these sorts of issues or they have a tendency to go unresolved. I'd regard not having a spare key as something of an emergency given the grief you'd be in for if you were to lose the only one you've got.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts