Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up car today. Turned on heated wheel which was great to start and then after ten minutes no more heat.... Light still on but no heat. It was really warm to start and was great then nothing... Have been in car all day and unfortunately heat has not come back. Dealership has not updated the Software to latest 10049. It is sat on 10042. Could this be down to the software version?

Has anyone else experienced issue with heated steering wheel? Cheers

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
657 Posts
did you check to make sure it isn't link to your climate control system, that could shut it off if you have your auto climate control in use at the time you switched it on. If you want to control your heated s/w and seats manually, uncheck this otherwise it will work automatically depending on the temperature you set for your system and of course the outside temperature.

Reactions: Thomas D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you check to make sure it isn't link to your climate control system, that could shut it off if you have your auto climate control in use at the time you switched it on. If you want to control your heated s/w and seats manually, uncheck this otherwise it will work automatically depending on the temperature you set for your system and of course the outside temperature.

View attachment 1176
Yes I did would you believe. I had to reset software twice today and each time it came on briefly and then went off again. Sure it is something simple. Well I hope!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello

Yes, mine is barely tepid! It's scarcely noticeable that it's on - quite different from my previous Mazda 3. I mentioned it to the after sales manager - he says that his is like this too and it's as it should be. I find this really hard to believe and will be getting them to check it again when it goes in for it's first service next month.

It has had various issues - mainly niggles rather than major - but it is annoying given how much I've spent on the wretched thing. It's been back in once already (a factory recall of which I was not informed by Mazda) and they sorted out a few problems. But, tonight as I reverse down the drive, yet again, it slams the brakes on for no good reason. (No traffic / pedestrians / stray unicorns on the road.) It has done this so violently on previous occasions that I've hit my head on the windscreen.

I fear that this will be my last Mazda. :(

Good luck with yours - would apreciate you letting me know if you make progress with Mazda.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
678 Posts
It goes by the ambient temperature inside of the cabin I believe.. I noticed mine get allot less warm as the cabin heats up and I had a Nissan Qashqai/ Rouge sport that did the same.. you could have it turned on but if the cabin is 68 degrees or warmer it shuts off and l did ask my dealer this questioa nd that's what the master technician said as per his tech doc's. Weather to on climate link or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to reply. That makes sense.
I've tried it both linked to the climate and not - no difference.
It was 1 degree when I went out last night and, sadly, barely perceptible heat. As it is, I might as well not have the feature!!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hi
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to reply. That makes sense.
I've tried it both linked to the climate and not - no difference.
It was 1 degree when I went out last night and, sadly, barely perceptible heat. As it is, I might as well not have the feature!!!
Trust me when you live where I live and winters are -38 below Zero.. I can tell you the feature works and is nice 😜 steering wheel may not be hot but it makes it bareable to touch without Gloves.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Detailcarguy
-38 - ooh, not for me (and I'm a tough outdoor swimmer!) My grumble is that having had the same feature on my Mazda 3, this is a bit rubbish in comparison. That's great that you are confirming that you are happy with yours as Mazda Man is assuring me that none of them get warm! :)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hello Detailcarguy
-38 - ooh, not for me (and I'm a tough outdoor swimmer!) My grumble is that having had the same feature on my Mazda 3, this is a bit rubbish in comparison. That's great that you are confirming that you are happy with yours as Mazda Man is assuring me that none of them get warm! :)
Yes you do notice it tho in my really cold climate but it doesn't get warm like day a cup a coffee that's had made oh added to it and been sitting for say 10-15 minutes.. my Nissan Qashqai heated steering wheel was worse in the cold and would be on but like the steering wheel would still be hurting hands cold to touch.. at least the CX 30 gets it up to about room temp in the same really cold climate in 2 minutes from sitting all night and hands are screaming cold lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes you do notice it tho in my really cold climate but it doesn't get warm like day a cup a coffee that's had made oh added to it and been sitting for say 10-15 minutes.. my Nissan Qashqai heated steering wheel was worse in the cold and would be on but like the steering wheel would still be hurting hands cold to touch.. at least the CX 30 gets it up to about room temp in the same really cold climate in 2 minutes from sitting all night and hands are screaming cold lol.
Down to -1 yesterday evening and I could barely tell the difference. Ah well, we're locked down again so it's not as if I'm driving it now - weekly trip to the shop covers it.
Would love to hear from anyone who feels it makes their hands toasty warm!
Stay safe everyone! detailcarguy - stay indoors!!! I have visions of you in several feet of snow!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Down to -1 yesterday evening and I could barely tell the difference. Ah well, we're locked down again so it's not as if I'm driving it now - weekly trip to the shop covers it.
Would love to hear from anyone who feels it makes their hands toasty warm!
Stay safe everyone! detailcarguy - stay indoors!!! I have visions of you in several feet of snow!
Haha we basically got 35 cm all in one dump like 2.5 weeks ago .. drove to work at night in a snow storm white out conditions as I work nights.. off work .. drive home in the same thing but now the roads wher covered and people getting stuck but not my CX 30 haha boy that off road mode works really well as I had to use it to get onto my street home and I didn't get stuck and then two days of a snow storm... Then it dipped down to -35 below Zero leaving work on the morning with that with blowing snow yikes haha but in temps like that you do really notice the heated steering wheel BIG TIME and I think it's designed to not work allot when the cabin temp is warm . But on my drive home in that temp it was working great as my drive is 15 minutes from work to home so engine can't really even fine close to warning up fully so the steering wheel is warm to the touch I can say that no doubt anyways stay safe 😁 still driving my CX 30 like normal even during another two week lockdown as it doesn't stop me from going for hikes out in the country or affect work at all as I'm a essential worker as per the government . Stay safe

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
657 Posts
peoples reaction to heat temperatures is not all the same, that's why there is warnings in the manual in this regard. My wife can hold hold much hotter plates than me for example.

I think a quick check on heat on the steering wheel is just move your hand to top or bottom that does not heat to feel the difference. My previous vehicle had a heated steering wheel except all of it heated, and it did seem to get warmer than on my CX-30, however the heated seats gets far hotter than on my previous vehicle (which only had 2 settings instead of the current 3) and find I have to shut off one setting within a very short time (0 to -10C range).

I always turn on the heated steering wheel and seats first when I first start the car on cold mornings, then drive away within about 30 seconds or so and then wait for a short drive before turning on the auto heating system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts