Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
G25 Touring - 2020 - Soul Red Crystal Metallic
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving down the highway, blaring some Rufus Du Sol, no other cars in sight and for a moment there I was transported to the concert.

The base stereo (not Bose) is pretty good! It's helped by how quiet the Mazda is too.

The stereo was literally the first thing I tried in the car even before test driving it. I wanted to know if I can live without having to upgrade to the top of the range model with the Bose stereo. And it turns out I could. I haven't heard the Bose, but I'm happy in my ignorance.

I once had a custom stereo in a Suzuki with 2 amplifiers and 2 X 12 inch sub woofers in a box that took up my boot. I'm kinda over the hassle of a custom stereo, for the last few cars I wanted to make sure that their stereos are up to the job.

My Mazda 3 2010 model has the Bose stereo and it was good enough but I remember thinking it sounded a little cardboardy and hollow.

Maybe one day I'll upgrade the speakers if there are is an easy way and the audio installers have had some experience with the CX30s. But for now I'm very happy.

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 AWD Preferred Machine Grey Metallic
8 Posts
I bought a 2021 Preferred model and was also pleased with the stock audio. I like sound systems that are well-balanced, but the low end could benefit from a subwoofer.

Has anybody found a subwoofer solution that is also unobtrusive?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully as audio shops become more familiar with the car more options will become available.

I have the bass turned up a little in the EQ.

I wouldn't mind upgrading the speakers down the line, but I don't want to do a crazy audio install with 12" subwoofers and whatnot.

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
I am pretty impressed with the Bose system in mine :) Very good deep tones and subwoofer works very nicely and I have turned it up a bit with some techno to test it out and yah it was very clean and crisp sounding with the correct amount of base. I am curious tho to compare it to the base sound system as I have yet to acually hear it but you guys say its pretty good and I take your word for it :)

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 AWD Preferred Machine Grey Metallic
8 Posts
Bose speakers are fine, but they are typically tuned heavy on the lower frequencies. The funny thing is, the CX-30 is so quiet that it seems to need a little extra bass to make up for the missing rumble from the road. I never ever thought I'd need a powered subwoofer before... but now I'm thinking about it...

·
Registered
AWD 2020 GT CX-30 ceramic coated
682 Posts
The Bose system is okay. It is far from a quality sound system, typical for most vehicles.
I came from a nissan stock system.. so LOL maybe that's why i am so impressed by it :p when I last worked at a dealership I cant say i ever got the opportunity to really use the audio system on a vehicle as it was a customers vehicle so not a good idea to crank it 😂

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got the preferred model with regular system... knew instantly it needed some "oomph". Had the Kicker TRTP Downfiring 10" installed with a 400w amp with control knob up front... just perfect... light for most days, loud when it needs to be! Box is super solid, 200+ guy stood on it in the showroom, easily can put stuff on top, takes up little room and is removable in about 10 seconds if need be.

·
Administrator
2020 CX-30 Skyactiv-X MHEV GT Sport Tech
268 Posts
The Bose system is okay. It is far from a quality sound system, typical for most vehicles.
Bose engineer their products so that they are 'perceived' to sound good to a listener and they also charge a high price for this. Their marketing is excellent, too. However, the specs of their equipment are not what audiophiles would describe as 'good'. Indeed, among hi-fi aficionados and audiophiles there's a little rhyme about Bose: "No highs, no lows, must be Bose".

That said, when used in the confines of a car, Bose take their time to engineer a sound system to match the interior and on the most part they do a pretty good job.

Reactions: 20CX30JBM

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
659 Posts
I am very pleased with my standard 8-speaker audio system, I have no desire to change it 👍

Reactions: Navii and savcom

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the preferred model with regular system... knew instantly it needed some "oomph". Had the Kicker TRTP Downfiring 10" installed with a 400w amp with control knob up front... just perfect... light for most days, loud when it needs to be! Box is super solid, 200+ guy stood on it in the showroom, easily can put stuff on top, takes up little room and is removable in about 10 seconds if need be.

View attachment 1510
View attachment 1511
Fits perfect!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts