Mazda CX‌-30 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Mazda CX 30 e-Skyactiv G Auto 2.0l 2021
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a UK spec CX 30. On the rotary light control there is a position marked 'off' but the switch is spring loaded & resets to the 'Auto' position every time.It cannot be left in the 'OFF'position What is the logic behind this

·
Registered
2020 CX-30 GS FWD, Snowflake White
1,032 Posts
makes sense to me, when you understand how the set up works

Font Parallel Rectangle Pattern Number

·
Registered
'21 CX-30 2.5 Sky G Pref AWD Red
189 Posts
As I understand above and have seen it work, it allows you to turn off all lights when parked. You can't move the vehicle without some lights coming on.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
166 Posts
As I understand above and have seen it work, it allows you to turn off all lights when parked. You can't move the vehicle without some lights coming on.
I like mazdas, but it is stuff like this that annoys me, when mazda will not allow us to control the functions in our own vehicles. If i want the lights off they should be off and remain off until i turn them on...same with other marques and auto stop/start. The owner should be able to turn off thst function permanently (if it can be turned off at all, i am looking at you, gm) and not have to reset it each time the vehicle is started.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I like mazdas, but it is stuff like this that annoys me, when mazda will not allow us to control the functions in our own vehicles. If i want the lights off they should be off and remain off until i turn them on...same with other marques and auto stop/start. The owner should be able to turn off thst function permanently (if it can be turned off at all, i am looking at you, gm) and not have to reset it each time the vehicle is started.
I'm sure we will continue to see more and more things like this taken away from the drivers control. Probably improves safety status to say it can't be overridden.
I just tried it again after work tonight. I was only able to creep at like 1mph without lights. Jut a little more and they were on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm sure we will continue to see more and more things like this taken away from the drivers control. Probably improves safety status to say it can't be overridden.
I just tried it again after work tonight. I was only able to creep at like 1mph without lights. Jut a little more and they were on.
It's over 10 years since automatic activation of DRL's has been a legal requirement for all cars approved for sale in the EU

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
It's over 10 years since automatic activation of DRL's has been a legal requirement for all cars approved for sale in the EU
Canada became the first country in the world to mandate DRL's back in December 1989.

·
Registered
21 cx30 premium awd
166 Posts
Actually, driver safety is often impaired, as in the case of auto stsrt-stop. When making turns against oncoming traffic the stop start system in ma y models has such a lag time to start
up as to be dangerous

·
Registered
189 Posts
Actually, driver safety is often impaired, as in the case of auto stsrt-stop. When making turns against oncoming traffic the stop start system in ma y models has such a lag time to start
up as to be dangerous
Glad I don’t have that…

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CX-30 e-SKYACTIVE X MHEV GT Sport Tech Soul Red Crystal 2WD Manual
50 Posts
Not in US, but I thought they did for other countries
You are correct. In the UK all CX-30 models have start/stop as standard. In Mazda terms this is called iStop. I also have it on my Mazda 2. Personally, I belong to the camp that absolutely hates this system. I don't want to bore everyone with endless technical reasons behind it. There is an opinion among a significant number of auto engineers and some scientists that there is unavoidable increase in engine wear and tear caused by start/stop systems with extremely limited environmental benefit. From weeks of experiments with this system, when I got my first vehicle equipped with it, I quickly got disillusioned and realised that it was just a lip service to illiterate politicians who made a new religion out of of a climate change, rather than a serious mechanism to reduce emissions. Luckily, iStop is switchable in Mazdas and I quickly learnt to kill it first thing after starting the engine. You guys must consider yourselves extremely lucky that iStop is not enforced on you in North America.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts